Ritual of Destruction not WAI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pipster, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

This bug cost me a game (not that it's too relevant but it's frustrating)

The new ritual of destruction (that I am using with the Kanen Crone to counter cheap meat summons) is not procing 10 acid damage to the nearest champion upon using it!

What happens is that it deals acid damage to the unit your are using the RoD on, and then destorys it anyway, which is completely redundant and incredibly frustrating. At best it's inconsistent after doing some testing with a friend, sometimes it WAI, most of the time it doesn't.

What appears to be the case is that devs changed the function of the ability, renamed the text, but then didn't change the actual code too much, because it's still doing 15 (its previous damage variable) acid damage (as opposed to 10) and is not working half the time.

I'm not posting this in Bug Reporting cause no one gives a Bane Shift there.

EDIT 1: Apparently my buddy's reasoning is that because it deals the damage first, and then sacrifices the summon, is that it will target the summon itself for the damage most of the time because it's still alive, and is obviously the nearest champ (??). But if that were the case would it NOT always do damage to the summon you're sacrificing first? 20% of the time it actually does do damage to another champ but I don't know how to recreate those conditions. Anyway it's Firking bugged.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    Faust likes this.
  2. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Stop using 2 Split Heroes in 1 BG and it will WAI

3. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

You think you're funny by flogging this (untrue) dead horse, but you're not. No one cares about you.

Boozha and Faust like this.
  4. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Bro just learn to play.....lol jk I hope they fix this next patch

Pipster likes this.
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Try like this:
    your opponent deploys summoner.
    your opponent's summoner summons a champion (a)
    you deploy ritual unit
    your opponent's summoner summons a champion (b)
    Now try ritual on (a) and (b) and check the results.

6. paldirs

paldirs Devotee of the Blood Owl

We tested all kind of situations and it was very obvious that first there was 15 damage dealed to the closest enemy to the caster (not closest to target summon, but closest to caster) and after that the targeted summon was destroyed.

So the only way to do damage with it is by moving to a position on the board where the caster has enemies closer to him as the target summon, but the summon still in max 3 range and then use the rite on that target summon.

Pipster likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Haha, you can repeat a poor joke made up by some misinformed tool.

Gratz, you're the tool.

Pipster likes this.