Rotwood (KF/FW Relic Champs)

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by kalasle, Jun 7, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

rotwood.png
    Here's a relic BG that uses KF. Mason's Spire makes relic cheap and hefty, which is great when you're running the new Germination Engine and Unassuming Tree. Because those and Graveyard produce real champs, Combined Effort can generate some serious nora. Foment helps package everything together, and singletons like Tower of Amareth and Counterbalance provide great value. Champ slots are tight, but you only need 1 or 2 early game, and not many beyond that. Because of the low champ count, lack of reveals, absence of Tome in favor of Mason, and range-heavy champ selection, burly rushes can be a real problem. Foruntately, on-demand front line champs through the various relics do some work to shore up these problems. This is still a first draft, so it could use a lot of work. Kinda neat, though.

Netherzen likes this.
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Lots of not relic stuff in there,if i played this,i would use a more relic focused bg.Here is my suggestion how to change it:
    Seeker of the source-has relic guardian,detection and can heal from killed trees,also drops a relic with lava fall.
    Crypt guardian-this guy is a relic champion and i am not sure why you didnt include him,run with reclaim and relic guardian as a very tough beater.
    The stitched module:
    Stitched blackguard with chill 1 and relic guardian for some cheap meat.
    Stitched monolith with magic resistance 3 and sentinel.I know what you are probably thinking,why not relic guardian in a relic bg?Because sentiel is amazing and has so much synergy with your bg:
    Getting shrine rushed?Drop one or two monoliths behind and watch your opponent kill himself trying to attack.I often do this when playing stitched.
    Relics getting attacked?No problem,get a monolith in range.
    All those cheap champions and summons getting attacked by enemy champion?Let monolith smack for 16 damage(18 with banner) for each and every attack.
    Since kf has enough healing you can keep a monolith fat and strong behind lines of cheap stuff and let him punish the enemy for every attack.
    Stitched first with transfer life and relocate:relic.It might be tempting to run him with reclaim but with 42 hp this guy will get onerounded as soon as he gets into combat.
    Along with running 2x stitched firsts,also run 2 x disentegrate.
    In my stitched games,the disentrage spell is my most often used spell,every single opponent i faced is so used to dropping relics in your face,if nothing else,atleast spamming banners whenever possible.Punish the enemy by using relocate relic and disintigrate and then reconstruct.You can also use it on your own relics(even summoned ones like the relic from seeker of the source).
    If your oppoenent puts a relic away from the front you can still reach it because relocate relic has monster range and cheap ap cost.Heh i love to suprise my enemies by grabbing that tomb or banner behind the shrine and turning it into a champion with a stitched first.

3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I wanted there to be sporegills and dragonbark protectors =[

YOU MAKE ME UNHAPPY KALAKSLAKSLAKSE

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

They would be great additions if I owned the runes. My collection outside of FW is pretty small; I was trading for several of the KF pieces as is.

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

a) wow no necrohex
    b) yeh if you can get them, dragonbarks and some boost: treefolk (and even maybe a wood elemental) would help here instead of stuff like light of the circle and moonlit fae. Hell if you want to go the full mile you could consider vinetouch + the boosts and surges.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

did one else click on this link expecting a tree battle group?

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I included Light and Fae because they provide global boosts to the numerous summons. The actual plant synergy in here is not only light -- the number of plants narrows down to a single relic. The name comes from the aesthetic theming more than mechanics. That said, testing out Dragonbarks would be awesome, would love some super durable relics.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Currently retooling this, trying to squeeze in Dragonbarks and Sporegils.

Here are some hip-shot impressions:

Graveyard/CE were both real bad. Removed. Juggling the shrine damage didn't feel worth it, and they receive almost no benefit from the Spires.

Regulate was junky, but might be worth an include. Depends on the opponent. Cut for now.

Unassuming Tree was broke AF. There's a slight delay, but paying 35 nora for a real champ is nutters, especially when they can pop out closer to the front lines. Running 2x now, ain't looking back.

Germination Engine was also sick. It's just so many darn trees.

Tossed in Hurry and Wood Elemental, mostly on a lark. Wood Elem can get beefy, and cycling through the Saplings for Resist Phys 3 is great. Hurry brings back dead relics faster. No joke, it's there to speed up the Unassuming Trees.

This deck makes too many units. Even on large, spread out maps where you can jam relics down miles away from each other, there's just too much stuff in the field. AoEs are gonna be a huge problem (as will things like Sever). Fortunately, people don't run too much of that, AoE spells at least.

9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Share the changed bg please,looks very interesting.

10. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I am not 100% sure of the interaction but it might be worth checking out how vengeful works with sporegill and dragonbark. If it triggers going into relic form, aswell as germination engine saplings it might be worth trying some vengeful champs with vunetouch pedestal to boost up their dmg when things die

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Probably worth a shot. In the couple games of messing around with the BG, it had serious problems with outputting chunks of damage. Wood Elemental hit 20~ pretty easily, at least, and Tower is a godsend. Any good ideas for Vengeful units?

12. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Raven wraith or Kodiak are both viable, raven is way more survivable with vaporise and resist with soul drinker, but kodiak has war cry and with a lot of saplings that can add a tonne of damage.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Both sounds solid. Mentioning the Warcry thing makes me hyped for the Boost changes -- Vinetouch will let you just crap out a bunch of units with race-bound boosters and role with it.

14. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Is there a reason you are not running any champions with Relic Guardian (Crypt Guardian or Seeker of the Source could be nice includes)?

I'm guessing this is more of a Relic summon deck. Meaning not so much focused around the relic itself, but more so on the champion summoning?

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I do not own Seekers. I might try out Relic Guardian's with Reclaim, though. Mainly, I don't usually have enough relics on the front lines to proc guardian -- most of them stay pretty far back. I'll give it a whirl though, you never know.

16. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

:)