Rune Discussion: Balefire Knight (Week 2)

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by IMAGIRL, Feb 26, 2015.

?

What is going to be on week 3 in the Rune Discussion series?

1. Altar of Votaev

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Hook Fiend

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Nefari Soul Torch

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Shadow Hunter

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Personally I am against making decisions based upon what another faction has. It is irrelevant what they have on their Knights. We are trying decide what to do with our Knight.

As for the other half of your comment.
    • The 3 ranks of fire resist, and Flame Strike put him in a psuedo usage Fire bgs. He is going to be on the front line, and there are some cases where you do have to firebomb him to kill the champ next to him. I consider the 50% damage reduction to what seems to be the 4th most common damage for 3 nora as useful.
    • Channel damage has been on him since the beginning. I actually find it quite useful when I know I am going to need that little bit extra to take something down. 4/5/6 3 clicks,and 15 nora later for that + 3 damage I needed instead of a 40 nora spell was well worth the investment, and it adds nothing to his cost on deploy.

If we removed them what would you add in their place?

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

how about flame armour 2 instead of fire resist?

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Flame Armor is nice, however expensive. Might require some workings of - dmg if we are going to make him a tank with psuedo fighting capabilities.

4. junithorn

junithorn I need me some PIE!

I really mentioned the other knights because of what you said, he was part of a set of 8 knights and each one is very similar with their own strength.

I brought up the other knights because, like you said, Balefire was released as part of a set of 8 knights that are undeniably similar.

"I want to be able to hit my own champ with firebomb" is not a great reason to run res fire. I agree, 50% res to the 4th most common damage type isnt bad in any way, but certainly doesnt compare to the defences the other mentioned knights have (res phys 3, block 2, immune mag, etc.) I'm not a huge fan of the suggested flame armor, though I guess it would be fairly fitting. Something really awesome would be to get a rider, though I can't really think of any fitting champions.

Channel damage, to me, has always been a sandbag. Having just learned that it comes with no nora cost makes it less of a negative, and I can definitely see it's value.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I see what you mean by bringing the others up. He is lack luster in the defense department. We do need to remember though that tanks in UD can be a bit fickle in terms of power. They usually end up being able to take, and dish out the damage. I honestly wouldn't mind if he got more tanky. I do feel however that he would need to lose a significant amount of damage ~ (-5) Relying on Banner, F. Bonus, Quest, among others. (Battlemaster, Drive ects) to power his damage output.

If he lost Channel Damage, -5 Damage, what would he get in exchange?

Note: I did not stated that I want to firebomb my own champs. I did mention that as he is a 2x2 unit. I will sometimes need to Firebomb something next to him, and hitting him is inevitable.

There are many ways to go about this. As I said earlier. My post was just to get the topic started. I love where it has gone, and how we are approaching the views we come up with.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

2 Days left people. You still have time to add, or extend your imput on this rune!

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Less than a day left. Place your votes people. Speak your mind. This is coming to an end soon.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Final Results:
    • Mixed Emotions over Flamestrike, and Fire Resist: 1/2/3
    • Majority agreement over him needing maneuverability.
    • Possible allocation to defense
    • A lot of good ideas.

soulmilk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.