Rune Forge Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I dont mind that the newest expansion isnt forgeable, ya know, there needs to be a reason to spend money. I guess thats the main issue, itll make it tough for people to get hold of new expansion stuff without spending money. Not sure what the solution to that is, obviously a lot of us already have plenty of tradeable runes but i dont know. I like the idea but it has kinks that would need working out.

2. Anima26

I will say that i do like the idea, but i also feel like its not that important to implement.

3. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

It is not an uncommon idea that new toy = OP stuff, making it harder for F2P player to get those runes will only have an negative advertisment of the game as P2W.

This goes right back to my point that newer player is more likely to be put off by this idea.

I will say this once again, I support the latest expansion to be cash only, but I do not think making them harder to trade for free player is the way to go and will only make pox give more P2W impression to new people who have limited understanding of how things work.

4. Anima26

I totally see where youre coming from. Its an interesting idea but has obvious issues.

5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Players still get tradable runes from buying boxes for gold.
    F2P players can just trade away these to get new expansion runes.

super71 likes this.
  6. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I see no issue at all forging untradable runes, then I can focus forging LE and other runes I want and buy boxes from gold and trade away unwanted exo´s and rare´s from them.

I rather see better rate at runeforge.

Anima26 likes this.
  7. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Runes that are actually valuable from extended pack is very limited: 1)2nd Latest Expansion Exo 2)Legendaries

When each pack only have 1 runes that have a rather low chance to be either or and by disallowing them to be shard then forge into something a bit more valuable. New players will hit with a very high wall before they could actually trade for new expansion runes.

Most people who don't do 1:1 for new expansion runes trade will ask A LOT of value for the new expansion runes.

8. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

IF LE is forgable as well that is a different matter altogether. I don't think sok said anything about LE being able to forge.

9. soulmilk

The wall is kind of a trade off.
    It becomes a bit harder to get new expansion runes, but that's not what new players are after in the beginning. They want runes for a playable BG.
    Common and Uncommon new expansion runes are often given away for free on the forums.
    Exos and Legendaries for new Rares, Exos and Legendaries sounds like a good deal to me.

Anima26 likes this.
  10. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

New player won't be initially looking for it, but once they get into PvP, it is not uncommon to see latest expansion runes on the board, it will eventually become apparent that while it is not a must, a lot of the new runes are actually theme enabler or makes the theme a lot more complete.

This then just got back to what I said earlier, their runes are all locked up, they felt forced to pay for new runes. I know I won't feel that way, but seeing how heroric achievement could also cause some people felt like it's forced while it's totally non-compulsory.

11. soulmilk

Feeling forced to do something you don't want to can indeed be a huge problem for new players.

12. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

I just want to put forward this view which I think sok may or may not considered before.

As a long time player, I do support this idea, but I do think most of the older player is fine with the current system with how many ways we could get shards now.
    Also, I think we all admit the current Poxnora has been the best for runes availability, should we improve it? Definitely but I do believe retaining new player should be a priority over this.

themacca and soulmilk like this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What if there were two forge price points? Current which is tradable and maybe one that is 50-75% of the cost that is untradable?

ghklf, PhdNiceGuy, SPiEkY and 3 others like this.
  14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

you do realise those runes prices will be hyper inflated cause people can trade even more limited amount of stuff right?
    and also only legs and exos are only worth trading in and the chances you get those from packs are low 1/3 chance of getting 2 or more exo and/or leg champ

15. soulmilk

Commons and Uncommons also have value since they can be traded for shards.

16. chickenpox2

like 50,000 common uncommon later
    i only shard rares

daeminicus likes this.
  17. soulmilk

18. chickenpox2

commons are like 5-10 nora
    it boring as hell to mass shard all those cards

19. soulmilk

I am sure they could make a mass sharding option.

20. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think that making the forge limits higher might not be bad, but I don't enjoy the idea of something being untradeable.

To me a secondary market is very important to any collectible game, whether it be miniatures, tcg, etc.

I think it might be better to look at how the runes are distributed in the first place than putting so much accessibility on the forge.

I think they rarities be treated similar to MTG where legendaries are treated as Mythic Rares and Limited runes are your promos. Then I think they could try redistribution efforts like releasing preconstructed decks and doing set releases that are meant to be reprints for constructed play and draft.

Just my opinion though.

Valkyr likes this.