Rune Forge ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bardoITA, Mar 10, 2014.

1. bardoITA

bardoITA New Member

I tested the rune forge today, my impression is that the collectible side of the game will disappear. Every exo cost 500 nora shard! I think things must be balanced a little .... a speed trap isn't valued as a demon vein vampire! I don't say to return to the old forge with recipe, but maybe a system that assign shard cost on the demand or offer of a rune ....

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

There are still tonnes of Limited Runes if you want to be a collector, game accessibility is far more important for the growth of the game.

3. bardoITA

bardoITA New Member

But i don't think each rune should have the same value in forge. Will you ever trade a demonvein for a speedtrap?

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Just to play the devil's advocate, should one exotic rune be more expensive than another? Think of it as a top-down redistribution of value. Sure, some runes are much more useful than others but if you really want a Speedtrap (for some odd reason) then why not pay top dollar (shards?) for it. Also, if you think of good runes being cheap and bad runes being expensive, that helps with the perception of the forge.

5. StringerBell

StringerBell New Member

Right now? No you wouldn't make that trade.

In a year (or less), yes you would. Since you could just grind down a bunch of rares to make whatever Exo you wanted. That's point. Demonveins aren't going to be worth any more than any other Exo soon.

In game, yes... more devastating to play against than a speed trap. But to add to your collection? Same.

I like it (and this coming from a former rune hoarder)

6. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

Everything that is really good with still be worth more, but now there is a baseline min value, and a loose max value that any one rune can have. As it takes 4(ish) to make any exotic. So demonvien in trading would still be worth close to 4 speed traps. If that makes any sense.