Rune Idea: Sergeant Wojtek (Garu: IS/KF) support/hit and run champ

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Shadow13th, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Shadow13th

Shadow13th New Member

So me being in Canada hearing how in the Canadian war museum there's a memorial plaque of a bear named wojtek who served in the polish army. I was curious to read up more of this bear online and I think this would be an amazing rune idea as I will elaborate.

a quick briefing on Wojtek. He was a bear enlisted in the 22nd polish corps due to british regulations (no pets allowed) he enjoyed being with the soldiers and drinking beer was a treat for him. He was made popular after the battle of Monte Cassino in world war II where he helped reloading artillery shells never dropping a single one at a rate that it would take a couple of soldiers.

"Who the Hell is in charge here!!", "I am sir, Captain of the 22nd corps.", "Tell me what the hell is a bear doing in your ranks, Captain!", "Sir that is Sergeant Wojtek and he reloads our artillery like none other."

Sergeant Wojtek
    Faction:
    Split Ironfist Stronghold / K'Thir Forest
    Race:Garu
    Seize:small
    Class:ranger
    Nora Cost: 72
    rarity: rare

Stats
    Attack:
    Speed:6
    Range:1
    Defense:2
    Health:50

Abilities
    Lumbering:
    This champion's AP cost for each movement is increased by 1.(he walks around with artillery shells thus making it more difficult to move around)

Shell Toss:Area of Effect 1: range 2-6: Wojtek Tosses an artillery shell dealing 15 fire damage, this bypasses defense. While Shell Toss is on cooldown this champion loses Lumbering, gains +1 speed and mountaineer. (Cooldown: 3, AP cost 5)
    (he can toss the shell he is holding however this will affect his reload aswell, By throwing the shell he makes himself more agile on his feet, and no longer burdened from carying ammo)

Reload:friendly champions with the class ranger within 3 spaces of this unit have all ranged abilities Cooldown reduced by 1 and AP cost reduced by 2 to a minimum of 2. This ability is only active while Shell Toss is not on cooldown.
    (this is where his most know support factor... as long as he doesn't just throw the ammo himself)

Hibernate:This champion becomes Stealthed. At the end of this turn, it gains Regeneration 3, Immobile, Pacified and cannot activate abilities for the next 4 turns. If it becomes destealthed these effects are removed.
    (he is a bear, enough said)

Upgradable abilities:
    Motivate:
    All other friendly champions have +1 DMG.
    (he became a popular mascot to the troops and motivated his fellow soldiers )

Attack: This unit makes a physical attack at his range

Ally: Ironfist Stronghold:While there are other friendly Ironfist Stronghold champions in play, this champion gets +7 HP and +2 DMG. Ironfist champions gain 1 AP when this unit comes into play.
    (I represented the polish with dwarves for the love of artillery and drinking of course)

Dwarven Fortitude:This champion has carouse and is treated race "dwarven" when equipped with Blacklabel Brew.
    (he loved to drink beer with the soldiers, it only made sense to implement carousse)

The attached picture is the emblem made for the 22nd corps, could be used to display his reload ability

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Galvantula likes this.
  2. Shadow13th

Shadow13th New Member

I wasnt sure if the Reload would be a passive ability over an area to reduce cooldown and AP cost to the stated minimm. or a single activate able ability on a single champ reducing the cooldown to 0 (this ability would have the same cooldown as shell toss for passing the ammo) , if that where the case a unit like gunbattery would be able to use his ability twice in a single round

Galvantula likes this.
  3. Shadow13th

Shadow13th New Member

Interesting suggestions, I combined Shell Toss and Light Load into 1 unique ability and removed basic physical attack and a few minor changes those being the most significant.