Runes that need another revamp

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by PiPPoInZ9, Jul 31, 2014.

1. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

I`ll put a list of UD runes who deserve a second look IMO. Not saying they need straight up buffs, but changes. Ok some do :D

Angel of Pain - get Attack: Magical again

Captive Lorekeeper - No particular idea. Maybe something like Punishing Aura would make him runnable

Deep Elf Monk - Haven`t played him a lot, but he looks boring

Deep Elf Temptress - Maybe Punishing Aura again. Would be fun If she and the Lorekeeper get it for a BG based around that ability with Maxx.

Demonologist - Has been changed. Not sure how I feel about the new version, but at least it`s something different.

Gahlroonling/Demonic Wag - Yeah he`s basically a packed version of another rune, but he seems shoeboxed at his current nora cost. No ideas how to improve him without lowering the cost.

Grundelwulf Alpha - Boring as well. Maybe adding Deep Wounds or changing something else, didn`t he have something like gost in the old days.

Jyx the Shadesworn - not saying he is bad, but he just feels boring.

Nefari Messenger - seems over-priced to me. Maybe removing Anex, for something else?

Equips:
    Nefari Mind Tomb - add another de-buff or increase the damage reduction.

Sheoul Firebow - it almost feels playable, maybe a slight cost deduction.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

angel of pain getting magical should of been already a thing.

lorekeeper I was thinking of using him as a heal source by combining him with shredding bracelet? otherwise, meh. He could use something good to heal/help his demon masters

deep elf monk seems like he'd be able to do his job, but maybe if only he was cheaper, i'd run him.

temptress has 5 speed? lame.

demonologist needs his range back, one of the best parts about him was range. summon skelly would make more sense on him as well. also wouldn't mind seeing a cast spell on him or blood magic if his cost didn't go too high, perhaps be on the same upgrade path as summon skelly?

gahlroonling I loved this guy before his nora cost was jacked up, now I just look at him and remeber the good times we had. Only thing I can see him losing is favor which costs 8 nora, so it wouldn't have too big of an effect since he would still be pretty high, but hey for 2 champs? not terrible.

Alpha needs deep wounds and pounce. pounce over reflection imo. and something else to fit with a beast bg plox.

Jyx looks pretty cool to me for his cost, but I don't really play splits. does execute and rapid attack go together?

Messenger annex only costs 4 nora so it wouldn't bring her down enough for me to want to put her in just yet. I don't see the reason behind life siphon so maybe(?) she could lose that and keep annex. life siphon costing 10 nora.

on equips and etc, I really wish all around they could get a revamp for all factions.

I wish hook fiend got his drums back, he was pretty neat with it and went into a lot of my bgs with that ability alone.

Lower beast of sheoul could use another source of gaining charges for me to like him.

I would love to see either goblins or vothsairs get a few more champs to work with their themes, mostly goblins since vothsair theme would be OP

3. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Jyx - So boring you could remove Split-Hero from him and you'd never know the difference. Rapid Attacks is one of the silliest abilities ever, and he has no Stealth or Manic, which were his defining abilities pre-revamp. His only saving grace is that he has awesome stats for his cost, but... who cares?

Messenger - No, Annex is 4 nora, and she's the only UD unit with it. Remove Life Siphon and give her Regeneration 3 at base. Life Siphon, Lifedrinker, Bleed (default) to upgrades.

Mind Tomb - Give Vulnerable and Dissipate. Good to go. Hard counter to multiattack/tanky melee units and cheesy sniper units.

4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!