Ruubgaal Buff

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by themacca, Apr 15, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Alright so i wouldnt mind seeing a buff on ruubgaal since you guys kinda nerfed him (he didnt need nerfing) when you increased the cost of death charged.

I dont have any problems with his upgrades although black death does seem like just a space filler. But alas i wouldnt mind seeing the price of black tempest reduced by about 5-8, as well as the price on sonic flight being reduced to 3 instead of 8 since that's how much all those abilities add up to cost.

To clarify
    Vulnerability sonic-3
    Flight (without sentry) +3
    Evasive+3
    Equals 3 for you maths wiz' out there
    But somehow it costs 8 nora which doesnt even make sense even with sentry added in. Let me know any feedback or suggestions

2. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Black Tempest is priced same as Psych Ping, so -5 could be OK, I'd like to see more interaction with charges than enemies deployed.

Your sayings about Sonic Flight are conclusive, but I feel that Flying without sentry costs more than 3 nora (I think 4 is the number).

A nice play for Rugbaal could be that jolt/curse combo, present on some Kanen.

IMO he is good but expensive for what he do at the moment, this occurs mostly with split heroes, I don't know why

3. themacca

well his pricing got a little stuffy when they hit death charged, while i do agree that flying should probably cost more than 3 nora i think that we have to agree to it being 3 nora simply due to sentry 2 also costing 3 nora, the main thing i really want to see though is black tempest get a decrease and i'll be happy

Djangoguy likes this.
  4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Why would black tempest get a cost reduction it is just as good as ping rank 3 and it begins to deal more damage when 5 champions are in play.

5. themacca

it only triggers once per turn does less damage that can't be amplified will likely only end up being able to hit 2 champs as 15 champions on the field is generally something that doesnt happen nowadays unless your building a BG specifically to make lots of champs for small costs.

defintely isnt as good as ping

6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

abilities aren't costed based on their capability of being amped it has 2 less damage than ping but has 2 more range. I did misread and notice that tempest doesn't trigger every turn like ping.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

also ping can only hit max of 1 champ per trigger bit tempest can increase Number of opponents hit depending on number of champs

8. themacca

i clarified this but its unlikely that it will ever get to the point where it can trigger on 3 enemies, also u cant predict what champ you hit with it unless you're able to get a champ alone within AOE 8

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

in the new dailies it was butchering all my champs it was hitting like 4-5 champs at a time

10. themacca

yeah but thats thanks to AI super nora for the most part

11. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Rugaal op!!! NARF RUBGULLLLL!!!!

Djangoguy likes this.
  12. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Ruubgaal in a cheapmeat/swarm zombie BG (where he need to be, or you are playing him wrong) make black tempest proc in almost all enemies (6 or 7) and its quite strong. Dont ser a need to buff this. But I agree that se need an way of knowing what runes will get hit, maybe changing it to make it hit The closer ones.

13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

What? He did too need a nerf. Black Tempest was sooo broken and that is the only reason anyone ran Ruub to begin with. Now that Tempest is nerfed you never see Ruub ever.

14. themacca

The BG i play him in uses graveyards and voil caverns to spawn as many champs as possible as quickly as possible he certainly isn't in a BG not catered to him, fact is he got nerfed because one of his abilities was too effective on something else. Im okay with the random factor but i think it shouldnt cost the same as psychic ping 3 which is a ridinkidonkulous 22 damage per turn cycle.

Wouldnt this imply that the nerf was a bad nerf then?

15. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

No it would not befause as he stated it was broken, as in wildly unbalanced.
    Now that the nerf corrected it, because people don't favor the play style he now proposes people don't play him.