Sad I can't have fun with everyone right now

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Greysands22, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

So my laptop bit the dust. I only have my phone to use the internet with right now and i can't play poxnora.

Or mafia. Or do a lot of things really.

So i wanted to say hello and ask advice from you guys.

I need a new comp but am a little low on disposable income. What can i put together for like 500 usd that will be able to run low spec pc games... think tf2 and void rim not bf4 or anything. I have heard people say buy a comp and then just buy a video card so you don't have to buy windows etc. Is refurbishef ok if looking to save $?

All opinions appreciated so i can start playing pox again. Thanks.

2. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure about TF2, but you could probably get a computer that runs Poxnora for less than 500. Getting a laptop would be cheapest, since most prebuilt desktops are overpriced. Building your own is a process and a struggle, but well worth it.

3. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

If you're able to, build your own PC. There are like ten thousands of resources to do it, starting with PCPartPicker.com and the BuildaPC subreddit, and Microcenter as well.

The latest $500 build they posted has 2GB VRAM, 4GB RAM, 1TB Internal HD, and an AMD Quad-Core @ 3.8 Ghz (able to run the newest Tomb Raider at 30 fps or so I am told). Pretty sure you can mix and match, just remember the specifics on the motherboard.

If you're unable to build it, I'd suggest a Dell laptop or go for something at Microcenter. Building is so much cheaper it's a no-brainer.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

building your own pc is super simple, all you need is to read what components do you have to buy and the motherboard manual

5. StupidJerk

The actual act of putting it together is pretty harrowing, though, even if you're computer savvy.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I talk from experience.

7. StupidJerk

Me too.

8. Dovahkhiin

Dovahkhiin Member

Always get a PC-helper-buddy-person, it will save you so much trouble. Regardless, Firk thermal paste.

Anyway, if you don't want to self build, get a custom built one from a store is my advice, so much cheaper than both LapTops and Desks, although if you can find a good local store, I find they tend to be better than chains for getting them built.

9. Savain

Savain Member

Scan are offering budget pc's aith fx chips on the amd side for as little as £350 what that is in $ you would have to convert it but their system would be more than enough to cope with any of the new games, hell mine can cope with most new games and i built mine in 2009