Salaman Psychonaut

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by doubtofbuddha, Jan 12, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Salaman Psychonaut
    "While some beings explore the world, psychonauts use firk knowledge and salaman ingenuity to explore your mind."

Race: Salaman
    Class: Wizard

10 DMG
    6 SPD
    1-2 RNG
    1 DEF
    44 HP

46 pts

Attack: Psychic (2 points)
    Amphibious (1 point)
    Mobility (4 points)

Psyche Exploration (CD 3, AP 1, 8 points)
    This champion makes an attack at rng 1-3 for 10 psychic damage. If successfully damaged, the target is confused and distracted for 4 turns. This champion is removed from play and returns to play on the following turn in a random onoccupied space 1-3 spaces from the target's original location, and has its hp adjusted to what it was before it was removed from play. If there are no valid deploy locations, the redeployent effect is delayed for one round.

(15 points)

UP 1: Fellowship (4 nora), Vigor: Psychic (7 points), Call of the Hunter (6 points)
    UP 2: Enervating Touch (4 points), Catalyst Psychic (8 points), Stun (6 points)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I posted this in the no new abilities community expansion, but I realized I liked the rune better with a new ability attached.

So what do you guys think? The remove from play effect is mostly there for flavor. I see her diving into the mind of the other champion, doing the damage and leaving them confused and distracted before re-emerging on the following round. Didn't give her any of the provision abilities because I fully expect her to lose the equipment every three rounds and it does not really seem worth it.

Does 8 points seem right for that effect? I think it might be overpriced since the other burst abilities (which it is modeled after) have pushback + an effect + effect to all creatures in the area at the end, and this just has two effects on the target.