Salaman Shadesworn

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by RedScarlet, Mar 9, 2014.

1. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Salaman Shadesworn
    FS/UD
    Race: Salaman, Demon Class: Rogue Size: 1 x 1 Rarity: Rare

Artwork: salamander_by_vegasmike-d37lug6.jpg
    In a way, these Shadow-born fanatics are similar to us. We use our tools to help us fight. They are used by their tools to help them fight.

Nora Cost: 72
    DMG: 12 SPD: 6 RNG: 1-1 DEF: 0 HP: 46

Attack: Physical
    Immunity: Fire
    Equip: Sword of Shadows
    Provision
    Stealth
    Death Nova: Fire 4
    Reinforcement 2
    Logistics: Speed
    Revere: Jyx (While this champion is in play, Jyx the Shadesworn costs 10% less nora to deploy. While Jyx the Shadesworn is in play, this champion gains Shadow Shift and Manic)

Upgrade Abilities
    Murk
    Confuse Attacker
    Escape
    Startle
    • What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    Jyx split FS/UD BG with a sub-Fire Module. He have multiple roles in the BG:

(1) He is a last-hitter. What I noticed is that Jyx splits doesn't really have any "benefits from getting that last strike in" champion like Brain Eater, or Swarm champs. Thus, Rampage. Then, when Jyx is in play, he can get that free 2AP on opp's turn via Rampage, +9AP on his next turn. This motivates people to play with him together with Jyx.

(2) He's a Demon/Salaman split Anti-Melee grunt. Given: Logistics and Reinforcement (on upgrades) to avoid goodstuff. As an Anti-Melee, he is also a good pseudo-Dodger via Escape. Ofc, this only happens if there are no Melee units around to de-stealth him. Thus, working together with him being a Last-Hitter.

(3) He's also a bomb. Split with UD for Sacrifice + Death Nova, or Retri + Death Nova. I put in Death Nova: Fire 3 because in a Salaman/Demon, you either have Immunity: Fire (Salamans), or Fire Eater (Demons). Plus, him dying would fuel up Jyx (and Vixen Imp, or that Fat Demon if you do put her in)

• Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes? The fact that's he's DEPENDENT ON HIS Equip makes it unique. Unlike that new Barbarian with Frost Quiver, this guy's Provision works well with both the Salaman racial, and his role.
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora? Racial-specific Split unit that is so sub-par if not played in the right BG. He is also usable in Stealth BGs. Or maybe as fillers in Fire BG.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes? As aforementioned.
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use? The fun is in its role versatility within a very specific BG.