Salamans yes

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by QuestDrago, Jun 1, 2015.

1. QuestDrago

QuestDrago New Member

Well I know these ones ain't new but I wanted to give that FS race a try.

Here is my Salaman BG :

https://poxbase.com/deck/CkzCqYCtFCgOCujC3ZC3XCjUcoHS1S33S46S5BrWr2aE3oeb

Yes, Slick and Buzz is a salaman :)

It' s a good one already IMO but what runes would you add/remove to improve it guys ?

(The FS For Ever Guild (FS4E) is still offering a platinum token to new guildmates)

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... considering they have no internal synergy they are godawful. My salaman BG is very much on ice until they get a bit of a redesign. Or, really, a design at all.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Salamans are fun to run but they are not very competitive. After new algorithm salaman hunter is looking very sad having to pay that price for what he brings to the table. Aside from that salamans that are still worth running are salaman ninja, slick and buzz, hunter, and I like the sentry because he has detect3/snatch. Rook just keeps getting shafted. Negamage was decent for his price until stupid Firking algorithm now he costs in the 80's for spellswallower/dispel. Sad to say it but new algorithm kind of ruined this game for me looking at the cost I have to pay to deploy range champs that are going to get blown to Bane Shift in 3 seconds. I am fine losing a champ that cost in the mid to high 70's but now forget it what's the point of even playing a champ I need to dispel or detect spells when it costs in the 80's and negamage is made of paper. I might as well not even play the game soon if these algorithms keep getting worse.

4. QuestDrago

QuestDrago New Member

Godawful ? I disagree. The trappers are awesome, putting in game 3 traps at a cost of zer0.

The commandos and the ninjas come into play Stealthed, 4 units, not bad at all

The sentry has detection

Well I like this bg, it has the same level as the Snaptooth one IMO.

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Salaman Commando with trickster upgrade + poison dart is good font harass. It has worked for me lately, but cast bubble on him to preserve stealth and abilities if u know opponent will deploy a champion with global damage like Snogvie, or Mechanized Band. Two other equips I like to put on Salaman Commando with Trickster upgrade are Goading Mask, and Horn of Order. DO NOT UPGRADE AIR DROP ON SALAMAN COMMANDO EVER IT IS BUGGED AND DEVELOPERS IGNORE THIS BUG WHEN THEY NEED TO FIX IT.

Salaman Trapper has excellent damage output in a knockback bg or when u run him in an IS split with forge hammer due to his base damage starting at 12 and he can make his own relics.

Salaman Ninja has great synergy in the kf aurora theme because he can setup for a light seeker relocate with his smoke bomb ability.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    QuestDrago likes this.
  6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

While that may be true, I object to it on the grounds that you have to run a Salaman Commando :p

On a related note, you could also opt for an Octopi Helm to be extra annoying, that equip is fairly under-rated IMO.

Trapper is quite good as you mentioned, but it still feels like he's over-priced by 5 nora (Deploy Flash Bang should cost 15, not 20, imo). Ninja's fairly good regardless. Soldier is one of the best beaters we have right now regardless. I have a lot of fun with Dervish when split with SP to make use of Havoc's Touch and/or Bounty Hunter.

Anyway, point being that there are a number of good Salaman, but not enough to constitute a "good stuff" BG, which means their lack of champion synergy (currently) makes focusing on them a non-optimal thing to do...

But not everyone plays to be optimal, so if you have fun, go for it.

Anima26 and QuestDrago like this.
  7. QuestDrago

QuestDrago New Member

I have an Octopi Helm in all my bg sometimes I even put 2 of them in the bg :)

8. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Need more negamage

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Silly to run a paper negamage that costs 81 nora to have the upgrades I enjoyed on it that cost in the mid 70's previously. Firk this algorithm. It can go to hell.

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

That's exactly how mine looks to bad they are super squshy and have no passive

11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

They lack something atm, i heard Gedden say a while bk that they were looking at reworking a Salaman racial so i am still awaiting that. The new Thunder equip works on Salaman Hunter btw as he has Attack: Gun, no idea if its a viable combo though.

Ninja and Rook got nerfed recently, Commando still has shitty Rapid Attacks too. Theyre all too costly for my liking, they need their costs fixing.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As been hinted at as per some threads from @Skullferno, we'll be developing a bit of an equipment theme for Salaman.

In a future expansion, Salaman will actually begin trading with the Draksar in SL - as they both seem to have a shared penchant for technology.

Leadrz, Sirius and Anima26 like this.
  13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The Salamans supposed to be pretty techy. Add that to the fact that Berkchani went to say "hi" to the Tortuns, I could see a few cross over equipment.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Ive missed you Sok.

15. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Salaman's should have gotten something like NKD instead of ST, could called it Salaman Slip to account for a salamander's slippery nature.

16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Oh you smelly sok, you leaky cactus.
    I cannot wait.