Sand BG updates

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by fattyy2k, Aug 6, 2016.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Ok so I will be revamping my sand bg now that I am back into my gaming. I need some help though. Enough has changed since I forcibly took a break. Here is my current deck I am testing. please comment as I am very rusty and dont know the new runes very well. Untitled.png

Ok so here is my reasoning on each rune. Please comment your opinions WITH REASONS. I dont need "its bad" but i need to know why something is not good.
    Dunewalker - utility and mobility. running veil
    Manticore - best support for sand, using spell surge/heal
    Sandkip - pseudo range, alt damage, and sand spray and sand spout (inhibit)
    Tardigardes - font rushers and tanks. running sand striker and acidic aura for in the faceness
    K.Wing A. - good pseudo range and tanky as firk
    Mantid - detection
    Sandsnipes - great range damage. domain/piercing shot 3
    Enigma - used to be my hard counter to foul rite and other range-centric. Are those decks still a major threat right now?
    Elemental - trying him out again. Not made up my mind
    Lords - used to only use one. Amazing tanks with camo and font
    Wilder - great range utility with alt damage and stun. hard to remove on sand
    Imperiator - aoe awesomeness and another source of spray and spout
    Bolter - just good range. havent used him much. mutli 1 and strike
    Burning Sands - Damage
    Benediction - Powerturn
    Magnetize - relics and equips
    Purge - clutch cleanse and dispell
    Sandstorms - debuff and sand
    Verdict - sand and blind (way better than sand spout)
    Hive - contesting relic
    Generator - contsting relic and spot sand
    Banner
    Mantels - great resistances, but thinking only 1 and add second damage spell
    Standard - counters intimidate

Gnomes likes this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

What do u think about Draksar Sandstalker? it got new upgrades kit

3. fattyy2k

I actually like him now. I think he performs a fun role with ambush. I think the anti range upgrades make him much better for Draksar bgs, but I don't know how I would fit him into any of my current sand decks. i think a 1 of might be worth testing

Qucas and Kampel like this.
  4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would use Sandhunter than Skeezick.

Also Rolling Shrieker might be good for alt damage too.

5. fattyy2k

I have thought of both of those. The rolling shrieker seems more of a beast BG rune

6. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

Hey, I'm gonna start running through some games with this and tweak it as I go along. I really like the Tardigardes, they are good frontline for the many ranged units in the deck.

Edit: The deck is working well for the most part. I'm not too sold on enigma though because the deck already has tons of innate anti-ranged options.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  7. fattyy2k

Yeah I agree. Their aoe damage is great and they are really tough. i just played a game against another sl player running draks. As long as I was patient, I was slowly able to out-tank him due to sandblast and things. the new spell is amazing. in the game I played, I didnt use the Kwing and I didnt feel I really needed to. before I played the game I took out sand generator, enigma, and a cloak, adding in a second bolter, a sandstalker (testing), and added akakios blade

8. Raxar

I agree on taking out enigma and maybe sand generator but why add a second bolter? I feel the deck has decent enough ranged options that synergize with sand but I honestly haven't tried out bolter.

9. fattyy2k

its just what I am going to try for a bit. he is cheaper than the other options so that is a decent enough reason to try him right now

10. Raxar

we both tested him and enigma preforms better with or without sand. I would go with it for your anti range melee spot.

fattyy2k and Kampel like this.
  11. fattyy2k

The enigmas hose certain decks (fae for example) and are just a really good rune.

12. fattyy2k

It was mentioned before, but man... SL has some issues splitting attention. The big maps are killing me with it.

Kampel likes this.
  13. Raxar

I have to agree, if there's a font in the middle to send most of the focus to we can AoE or powerturn the opponent down but if we have to spread out we get smashed.

lifetaker and fattyy2k like this.
  14. fattyy2k

I had a game against gobbos that I was winning quite handily on the bottom/middle font, but his on goblin spellslingerthing 1v1 3 of my champs. I need to figure out a better tactic than I had. I admit I am quite rusty right now :p

15. Raxar

was it the one with "one with nora"?

16. fattyy2k

No it wasn't. That one wasn't an issue lol

17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

But Spellkasier is the one with one with nora

18. fattyy2k

Gloombringer with leach vitality and blood frenzy

19. Milos

Milos The King of Potatoes

This is me on sand

[​IMG]

And would play those mutant sand leg just dont have them yet....

20. lifetaker

lifetaker Devotee of the Blood Owl

the struggle of playing SL =(