Savage tundra patch notes

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by super71, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

It is a useless base dmg that made them over costed. Paying for nora that is not useful. Grant frost Aura or have freezing aura, or fear on yeti spirit would be awesome instead of a base attk. The crystalis did not get a base attk but stayed at the same cost. There is a discrepancy there in addressing all champs with offensive potential. If you change that rune, id rather you get rid of death nova frost and eliminate the offensive potential.

2. Braxzee

Totally agree, with you., this is not an expansion for a lot players just like earlier expansions were not for other players as well. That's why they have expansions with certain themes. :)

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@Lushiris You are justifying this change, but you don't explain why it was decided this way. It makes me think it wasn't discussed as a case by case basis nor taken as important, which makes me sad since I loved the original design of the rune.

On Yeti Spirit it is a meaningless and unflavourful buff the community DIDN'T ask, so I can only blame the designer and the council decision.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I already explained why it happened. I don't know what else to say about it really.

6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I think he's asking for a specific reason for the basic attack on Yeti Spirit, as he believes it's not flavorful and the champion wasn't a threat like most others, without a basic attack. I guess that's it, maybe.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Goyo likes this.
  7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You got me Lush, thank you.

I can't take it being touched and derailed from it's original design without an explanation or an argument that Ghost is not gonna see light anymore.

From a design perspective for example, the sprite looks terrible when it's not faded away, killing the experience for me when Ethereal triggers off.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  8. Braxzee

you did not explain why a champ like crystalis or ice elemental were left untouched, but yeti spirit gets adjusted. If these champs received the basic attack then I would be like oh I see your point a little more clearly now. But that did not happen and your point contradicts itself because Ice elemental is pretty close to yeti spirit by floating around one has ethereal and other has nor gem and one got changed according to your justification but the other two champs did not get changed according to your own justification. So that is why maybe there is frustration. And why did he get psychic attack? it should be frost

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Not to mention that Lonx got completely gutted.

10. Sokolov

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  11. Pedeguerra

Read: we did the changes in a hurry and only now we realize we messed up. They will be fixed "soon".
    I doubt you can revert the horrible changes to Lonx, though, good job screwing up a perfectly balanced theme and releasing OP champs next expansion to "give the theme a boost".
    LOL

12. Braxzee

Ok then, Well if you look at Jakei Maiden could you please give her force barrier as her attack. Looking for other options for force barrier other than Jakei Elder. Gale would be also nice to. Especially on Gale rider. It just makes the game look incomplete when a Arroyo has gale and the gale rider does not have gale or the faction that is about gale winds ST does not have champs with Gale. I know I diverted off topic, but I think players play certain factions to have certain abilities in their BG's and when you take away those options everyone is like why did that happen, why do I have to split faction to get gale on a champ when Gale should belong to ST first then maybe include it in another faction. This goes back to earlier posts that certain abilities need to remain in that faction. If you want it that badly then split but then you sacrifice other options in exchange for it. Hate leech, it is an awesome ability but remove it from ST, its a total UD power. Now if the champ were UD/ST then it makes sense to include it. Leoss with overgrowth ST/IS should be create rock or snowfall instead. Over all that is why I believe it is hard to get new players, now champs go against the grain and you have to learn a complex rule system. Those combined makes the game seem not very well thought out or just not finished. I emphasize Seem or the outside perspective.

13. Sokolov

As stated in the design direction thread, pure support champs will likely not change so I don't expect the Maiden to change.

The idea is to address runes that were over-efficient and needed massive modifiers to account for it (so instead of them getting NOTHING for +X modifier, they get +DMG and an attack instead).

14. Braxzee

Oh I know right! It is like hey lets ruin these champs so we can sell a new champ. Lonx chieftan with Gravity well and only 2 options? Why gravity well again not an ST thing at all! Where did that come from? Striker loosing his main attack so much for a counter against cloak of skulls or one with nora

15. Sokolov

I think Gravity Well fits well with ST, given the faction's penchant for relocation and movement abilities.

It's along the same lines as you say, for Gale to be in ST (which I will look at).

16. Pedeguerra

LOL.
    This game is about its players man, not you. Who did you consult to make the changes you made? Lushiris? Some other random noob ST player?
    As far as lonx are concerned, this patch was a joke and you should feel bad for trying to justify something that has no excuse.
    You completely GUTTED THE WHOLE THEME.

17. Braxzee

Instead of dmg why not def + or another themed ability , or spd or health + ? or is this just an easy general solution than fix it later kind of thing?

18. Sokolov

So the problem with adding that stuff is that you make the problem worse, instead of better.

For example, the reason the Spirit had a high modifier is due to its relative tankiness for its cost. Adding more HP or DEF to doesn't fix the efficiency problem. If I added HP equal to the DMG + Attack's cost, it'd end up with 73 HP before banner for 49 nora in FF ST - clearly broken.

For reference, without modifiers, the Spirit is 39 nora.

19. Braxzee

Gravity well on a IS/ST champ makes sense. Leoss could really use it. That's their relocate version. Gravity well on a ranged champ is very risky. It is almost like free AP for the opponent. If you do look into Gale pls look for it to be on a Jakei as well not just the Lonx. Gale gives the option of pulling or pushing away which can be very good for a range champ. I did really like that Lonx had abilities that fitted nice with other lonx and they buffed each other. Aid defense one with range and one with melee now not the case anymore. The lonx were well on their way of just being very complete and well thought out by you guys and now it is like we went backwards

20. Sokolov

Specifically regarding: Aid Defense is too strong on ranged champions and that is being phased out as part of the Stat Stacking problem. Stat stacking in general is considered a big problem for many Pox Players.

I am open to suggestions on what the Lonx can have instead though, but probably best if you made a new thread for Lonx suggestions.