Savage Tundra: Path to De'Lim

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by daeminicus, Aug 20, 2015.

1. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

So what are your thoughts on the runes?
    Good? Bad? Balanced? In need of nerf?

2. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I do not feel I want any of those new units, not exciting in any way.

3. daeminicus

Whitestar is the only one worth getting atm probally. Its a good rune.
    Its elemental burst isnt bad but its limited to elementals, shamans or wizards in ST

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I found new runes very flavourful, theme focused and interesting :)

Also Orb of Frostfall is a thing, Snow-Fall got a cost reduction, and Avalanche does Frost damage...

All this are awesome changes and there are more I'm forgeting.

5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

avalanche has done frost damage for awhile now. orb of frostfall and snowfall aren't exactly something to get excited over. Decent expansion, I'm not feeling the usual hype although the new runes for ST look really cool especially the elemental using the Kamehameha.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  6. daeminicus

Orb of frostfall is really only good if we can use domain: snow for that we either need that relic or arctic gift. No real hype for.
    Avalanche dealing frost is so so, sure ampable but its still on a high CD.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Hey man, these were ancient debts to ST. I'm very happy to see them fixed / spread.

On the hype department, we should focus on Frost and Ferren. Anything else wasn't touched.

Want to create a Ferren thread with pros and cons as you see them? It will help tune up what them need for the midterm patch.

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I will test myself before commenting. Currently trading for the new ones :)

9. KingJad

you didnt let me borrow those runes.

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Sorry pal, more will be there soon :)

11. KingJad

not you, dmr

12. daeminicus

Personally do I feel that the best Ferrens are those with scrapper, since they are able to survive if they can pull off a basic attack.
    I think you will have an issue taking out your opponents ranged champions.
    Most of the maps in this rotation are large and got fonts on both sides, your champs will be spread a huge disadvantage for ferren.

Tell me how you do.

13. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I wish ferren would die. Worst theme in the entire game. I am not playing bunch of dang weasels that are so frigging cheesy and take 3 hours to win. I would play rats in KF way over super weasels. =/

That being said, frost amp looks like the clear winner in this patch as if that wasn't ST's strongest suit anyways. I wished they would focus on flyers (strig), lonx (which just always seems either really good or really bad because they buff then nerf), or anything other than stupid wild weasels...I find no fun at all playing the dumb things...

Pedeguerra likes this.
  14. daeminicus

Rating Ferrens B+ is a mystery to me, I would say more like C (even if I am not familiar with your scale).Tey
    I cant win games with them, either its me that is really bad with ferren or they are just not cutting it. I try to watch others play Ferren, but its hard to find.

I am gonna stick to Ferren, since I like them and would like to improve with em.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  15. daeminicus

After we lost ready from Arctic.
    I am a bit dissapointed with we didn´t get any 7 speed champion in ST this expansion. Since I know more then me were hoping that remove ready from arctic would give ST some more 7 speeders =)

16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

After playing a lot of SL, I can say 6 speed is average and correct, while 7 speed is a huge difference, at a high nora cost.

So I wouldn't ask just for 7spd champ without keeping in mind it will be costly, and will have to use that speed. Otherwhise 6spd cost it's just correct in my opinion.

17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

we got an 8 speed monk...and she costs 73 nora minimum, and blows up unholy tombs for free XD

Goyo and KingJad like this.
  18. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

is everfrost manacle working for you? to me it deals only 2 frost damage intead of 3 as stated

19. daeminicus

Never asked for 7 speed superchamps.

I belive 7 speed champs should have about or slightly below stats like hp, dmg,
    You're right. She's scary cheap

20. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

ferren need the ninja to have assassinate back to get rid of super champs and cloning champs. They really do need some non-basic attacks to handle other pesky champs. Really should probably all have stealth and +2 defense verse range while occupying snow. To me that seems to be the best low cost defense against range champs and survive getting close to them on large or medium maps. Really why does ST not have a spell called Ice Fog that would give units evasive 3. Or it could reduce range units to range of one. Cant have range if you can not see.