Screen Size please help

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Coltsfan3, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Coltsfan3

Coltsfan3 The King of Potatoes

HEy guys im playing on a new laptop when i go to play the playing screen is absolutely tiny. Like 2 inches by 4 inches tiny. way too small to play. when i try to change the size, the screen where you actually play doesnt increase in size, only the border around the playing screen. This is very frustrating because i want to start playing this game again but I cant. All help is appreciated thanks!

2. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Try using Fullscreen windowed with automatic resolution

Lushiris likes this.
  3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Moved over to Technical Support.

4. Coltsfan3

Moles I tried that but it didnt work well either. the screen on which the game is played is still quite small or is narrow (takes up whole screen from top to bottom but very narrow)
    thanks KTCAOP i didnt see tech support

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

What is the laptop OS, and have you tried using the Game Preferences on the Site?

Sign into your account.
    Find My Account on the top right. (It is next to your username.)
    Mouse over it, to bring up more options.
    Select Game Preferences.
    Set what you want done.
    Submit.

[​IMG]

Hopefully this will fix the issues.

6. Coltsfan3

Once again this only has really managed to increase the size of the border and the screen on which the game is played is still the same size

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

As mentioned above, what are your system specs Videocard/GPU and what is your native resolution for your computer/monitor. Also, what are your in-game settings for resolution and windowed vs full screen windowed.

Lastly, are you playing on Steam or using the standalone download from poxnora.com?

8. Coltsfan3

Im using the standalone download from poxnora.com. I have windowed right now but I have tried full screen windowed and had the same effects. AS for the in-game settings I have tried using numerous settings and the size of the playing screen does change slightly but is still quite small. I have 8 gb of RAM. I have never looked up these specs before so correct me if im giving you the wrong details, but it says approx. total memory - 1792 mb and my native res is 3200 by 1800 (32 bit) (60 hz). sorry if thats not what you meant. thank you so much for helping

9. Senshu

Well I know what the problem is. Your native resolution is nearly double the max resolution for the game. Try going into your computer's settings and set a lower resolution to something like 1920 x 1080 and then try launching the game and see if that helps.

10. Coltsfan3

Thanks for the advise! but i'm not actually that great with computers. Do you know how I would go about changing the resolution?

11. Senshu

It can depend based on the your OS but for most windows machines it would be 'right click' on your desktop, select Personalize, and then select Display Settings. This is where you can adjust your resolution. You might also want to try downloading the Steam version of the game because that has the option to actually go full screen which will adjust your actual resolution.

12. Coltsfan3

I must just be unlucky because neither f those things changed anything. Even when i set the game t fullscreen on steam it stays windowed.

13. Senshu

Really, and you changed the default resolution of your video card as suggested?

14. Coltsfan3

yes, when i lowered the default resolution everything zoomed in. Rather than fit its normal size with somewhat worse picture/video quality, the screen just zoomed in. For example, I could only see the middle of the background on my homescreen. When i launched poxnora, nothing had changed with the size of the screen

15. Senshu

Hmm, that is strange, because that should have relatively scaled everything up.

When you are in the Steam version and you switch it to fullscreen (not fullscreen windowed) you should get an option to close the game and relaunch. After you do this the screen still stays in windowed mode?

16. Coltsfan3

yep

17. Senshu

And in fullscreen if you go into the options and set the resolution to 1920x1080 and restart the game it still doesn't resize your screen resolution to better suit the game? Could you provide a screen shot of the game when it is launched in fullscreen?