Second impressions about the rewamp...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ralphen, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

After watching some games in the lobby, look at a loot of runes in my collections and play some games myself, I get to the following conclusions about the rewamp process:

PROS:
    * Less range spam and ranged abilities/attacks valued higher than before
    * Due to the general reduction in champion speed, the game is less rushy
    * Almost any single champion (not buffed by spells/equip) can be killed without a specific counter for it
    * Strong abilities (like intimidating, arrow eater, manic) are a lot less common to see
    * The function/role of each champion (in most of the cases) is quite clear
    * Lot of the strongest runes bring back to the earth...

CONS:
    * ... but sometimes under it with bad costing or a bad ability set.
    * Some champions have very ugly upgrade paths (two ability with multiple rank...)
    * Some champions got sand-bagged with abilities that they don't need in their actual form
    * Champion costing formula needs some adjustment for champion over 90 and below 60 nora

Overall: 7/10

Waiting to see adjustments and also a look to the relic/spell/equipment compartment.

Goyo, Morfeas, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.
  2. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

I essentially agree with everything. +1

3. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Agree 100%, game is greatly improved but is still being tweaked. All in all I'm excited :)

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

nah i'm pretty sure pox is dying and everyone should abandon ship because omg 150 nora ash

horror shock fear pissinpants

5. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

I would add "some themes have gone wrong" under CONS secction. But I agree with the rest.

Edit: under PROSS: the game is now more easily played for free than before. Not sure if it will still be once legs and lims are buffed.

Goyo likes this.
  6. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

You forgot to mention we should sue OWLS because my imaginary card lost a shocking 0.05% of its perceived value in the market. Freaking sheet! Those cards were for my nephew's university fund, how do they dare to devalue my investment into this game?!

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I would like to see the majority of the champs to be balanced around their name.

Dagda likes this.