Secondary effect of the Retribution change or an accidental further nerf to Stitched?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BansheeX, Apr 6, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

If you use Retribution, Sacrifice or Goresplosion on a stitched it will not leave a remain. But it will also not leave a Nora globe for you to pick up.

It feels like Stitched got hammered unnecessarily hard by this recent change and I cant imagine it was on purpose that the Nora globe is not left to pick up.

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

i agree, Stitched does not need more nerfs... bring back the remains from retri/sac

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

No remains, but nora globe, sure.

4. BansheeX

Fixed it for you ;)

5. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I think would be more balance if after a retri/sacrifice they leave no remains but for sure a nora globe

edit: and how forget goresplosion :rolleyes:

6. only

only Active Member

7. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

?!?!

8. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I hope they look at the Meld abilities in the rework.

Has anyone EVER used those? I mean... ever?

Galvantula likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

lol

10. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

what about repurpose ?

11. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I would say that although perhaps not needing the change for balance purposes, this was actually a long standing bug that has been fixed. Stitched should drop globes but not drop a remains. This should allow stitched to receive further buffs in the future.

only likes this.
  12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No remains, but globe after saccing.

On a sidenote, circadian chronologist never drops a globe, pushing her from iffy to unrunnable.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  13. BansheeX

I did once in a TG match just to see the animation for it.

14. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Agreed.

15. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

In my opinion, I like the change. Can it really be fair that people can retri-sac and then just create another champ in the same round using the stitched remains? I thought that was the only problem with it. Nora globe is probably just a bug and will be fixed.

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Arise works on remains still, opnerf.

ArchersAxe likes this.
  17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Excuse me, but how is it considered "balanced" that after destroying a champ, while making the opponent suffer large amounts of dmg. You can simply just replace that destroyed champ, with a healthy, full HP replacement.. That logic is... Completely ****ed... I'm sorry. I said it in the original post, but anything that is NO-RISK/INSTANT REWARD, is bullshit. Sacrifice took a nerf for a reason, being able to inflict mass dmg while gaining board presence is exactly what NO-RISK/INSTAT REWARD, means..

18. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

No, it's your logic that is completely ****ed. No risk? 45 nora and setting recon on cd is more than enough risk.

Leaving remains on death is stitched racial.
    There're no such things as Boost: Stitched, Boon of the Stitched, Seal of the Stitched, Stitched Alliance, Stitched Focus, Stitched Apocalypse, Stitched Coven etc.
    They leave/make Firking remains and recon them, that's it. And they don't drop globes for the same reason.

It's obvious that you want to use stuff that has synergy with the theme. Same as you run fire acolyte in fire deck, and vengers in chop deck, not opposite.
    Some things like sac spell had to be nerfed, but retri has been perfectly fine for ages. It's not like stitched had been tearing meta, they were well-balanced yet took collaterial damage from absolutely unrelated stupidly designed runes.

Crystalis decon is far more stronger combo that retri, yet even it is fine.

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

This right here is all I read, and all I need to read....
    Firstly, question me all you want I don't really care that people disagree with me, but if you're that blind to see that there is no risk involved in that interaction. You'll have left me stunned.

Let's break down a normal Retri interaction. Generally in UD when you retri a unit, it's to finish something off.. or help aid that process by bringing the champions HP way down. Now that's perfectly normal, sacrifice one champ at the cost of your opponents champion, and even exchange (BALANCED). Now when you bring in the interaction of leaving remains behind (which stitched can benefit from with ease) when you retri'd your own champ; it died and left behind a remain and (in most cases) killed an enemy champion. Now that remains left behind, simply get turned into another champion (for free) allowing you to gain board presence, and a certain champion advantage. (NOT BALANCED)

That is a NO-RISK/INSTANT REWARD play. You can't tell me there is a risk involved
    A: You're getting a free champion deploy, at the cost of 45 nora (most stitched re-animation champions cost more than 60 nora)
    B: with the added bonus of dealing around 30-35 dmg) to the closest enemy champion

That's insanely efficient, I don't know any on-deploy effects that could measure up to that. Clearly you're just blind to this fact, and letting some weird stitched zealotry take over, I love the stitched theme. But interactions such as this are not healthy for the game, it promotes bad gameplay and very little counter play for the opponent, while making the users game wins con, easily obtained.

I'm not saying stitched are overpowered, this was just the only thing wrong them, as far as I've seen. When you go back and review a normal retri interaction there is no champion gain involved, you simply sacrificing your champ for another.

I'll be happy to argue this with someone other than Logan, cause clearly he has no idea what he's talking about...

20. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Yeah they should drop a nora globe on sac. Not remains, but a nora globe is perfectly reasonable.