Seems like there is a lot of overlap on fairy's abilities

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by 5amb0, Aug 29, 2016.

1. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

Starting with force barrier. Its on 3 champs, oracle, bloomwalker and sprite. Abash is on sun blossom and bloomwalker, and while it and charm are separate, they are both countered by iron will and nynph, sprite, nectar fairy, and oracle all have charm. As well, moonlit fae, fae enchantress, corgi ranger, snare and wisp have evasion (though wisp and snare have other upgrades on u2, which is cool) combined with in theme shroud.

All the while only having 20 in theme champions.

There is also overlap between advocate and dreamer/others. Dreamer granting a buffer to the next champ deployed, while also having a basic attack, a way to stealth (like the advocate). Advocate is also charming (through flourish) or blinding (thanks sun blossom) or shadowspawning (rascal). Obviously advocate is only 45 nora and is supposed to buffer champs, but with the cool down now at 2 it seems irrelevant when I could be playing a dreamer, buffering the next guy, saving AP stealthing, and getting dreameater procs.

I understand that fairies have their flavour and I think they are in a pretty good place currently, especially with the recent change to fairy trickster (best fairy aside from sprite). However, some more variations (perhaps editing evasion 12 and 3 on a couple champs, particularly fae enchantress, as she is exotic, and Ive seem it said that rarity matters in these things. I get she has summon prismatic crystals already, which is cool as heck) would help flesh out the theme a little more. What do you guys think?

tldr; Read the title, What do you think?

2. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

While I agree that it does feel to be somewhat redundant when it comes to abilities, Fairies have consistently gotten better and better (thank you Sok). It's also kind of their thing... mainly abilities that help keep your already low hp champs alive longer or stall the enemy champs long enough for you to outplay your opponent. I would say it's our theme that takes the most skill. It rewards you if you plan and play well, but if you mess up your toast.

All that being said, I do very much want to see a fat 2x2 fairy created. Its been mentioned in previous threads and I am drooling at the possibilities.

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I will never mind seeing Blind, Force Barrier, Abash, Soften, or Soothing Serenade on fairies. The more the merrier! With that said, it would be hard to differentiate those champs if they all had those abilities.

super71, IronStylus and Elves Rule like this.
  4. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Faeries have traditionally had lower base stats(especially hp) and relied on having multiple active abilities and special defenses to stay alive. Before the revamp...aka the great Apoxalypse, pretty much all the faeries had 3-4 active abilities.

Thematically, charms and evasion just make sense...they are itty bitty magic user thingies!

super71 likes this.
  5. Xirone

I would like to see some Shrink mixed in!

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'd like to see more faeries with flourish. So far only Far Advocate and Nymph have it and the latter's nora cost prohibit her from seeing play.

7. Xirone

Nymph is at a decent price for what she does. It is just that her strength is not Flourish. Abash and Possess 2 is her strength.

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

And yet she isn't run. How much nora cheaper would she be if she was melee?

9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Nymph is only not run because she was über nerfed at the removal of attack: yellow psychic. Yellow is the best kind of psychic :(

Elves Rule, super71, Anima26 and 4 others like this.
  10. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I would like this twice if I could.

Etherielin and Xirone like this.
  11. Xirone

I know, right? Stupid Necromancer kept his OP Attack: Red Electricity and Nymph lost her flavorful Attack: Yellow Psychic. Lame. Oh yeah, Menalaus should have Attack: Green Magic.