Seism...from Cactuar's Crate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

ST has a lot of cone abilities, Gale, Frigid and Ice Storm (AoE 4), which is why grouping up vs them is so bad.

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

As for the 35 nora ud spell - I don't think it is unfairly priced so much as UD simply don't use as many ranged units as ST does. I don't think it is really fair to conpare the two, side by side in terms of power level. It WAS unhealthy and op before, as frigid is now.

3. DiCEM0nEY

Splitting units isn't really an option for some themes, and slow moving themes suffer even more. Which is maybe why I find skeketon witches and meta better than zombies.

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The themes that cannot afford splitting (examples being Elves/Archers, Fae, Leoss) usually have mitigation tools to counter the AoE damage. Zombies get the short end of the stick here I suppose but they need a bit of work in general.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Didn't you argue in another thread that UD actually has good ranged and that it's a myth they don't?

Woffleet and Etherielin like this.
  6. Sokolov

Anyway, spacing out your units properly used to be a hallmark of a good player.

And yea, some themes are weaker vs AE abilities than others. It's just the nature of the beast. I don't see why that's an issue. Not every theme has the exact same strengths and weaknesses as all other themes.

Woffleet and Etherielin like this.
  7. 5amb00

5amb00 New Member

How about if siesm gave aoe dmg targeted on the nearest enemey relic? 10 dmg aoe 2 all units centered on relic. if this damages another relic, that relic releases the same burst kind of like shockwave, but smaller aoe and relics. Have good potential to still deal 20 dmg (in the form of 10 to a relic and 10 to the champ who probably just dropped it). It would hard counter things like barricade snowburst (which I rarely see anyways) and be really solid against a skeezick machinist or something. It cant snipe the distant relics, still a solid effect with one simple additional clause, and lowers efficiency

Kampel likes this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

Idk maybe it is weak then. I definetly don't want more UD buffs if that's what you are asking.

Maybe they don't use it because maddening echoes and superiority exist. "Don't step on the font" spells are hard to balance, since the game revolves around have two players on a font. Rather them all get rw.

9. Sokolov

That's actually kind of neat. At 10 DMG, I don't think it really hard counters barricades because they have 15 HP :D

Kampel likes this.
  10. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

i like this

11. Sokolov

It does change the nature of Seism quite a bit (particularly reducing its effectiveness against back of shrine type relics), but it's certainly an interesting direction with other tactical and strategic nuances.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I'd rather that just be a new ability since it's area of use is pretty different than just seism.

also @DiCEM0nEY basically what ether said, they have ass tons of AOE damage. I don't remember which zombie, but 1 of them has weaken spells you should consider running that.

Etherielin likes this.
  13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

That was my first thought as well.

Fentum and Etherielin like this.
  14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I just figured the first suggestion eliminate the global aspect of the ability and required positioning, if the opponent was worried about this sort of thing they could just place their relics outside fonts or shrine zones. I get what your saying about all the extra work though, and it makes sense the way you described it.

Just lowering seism damage is the best bet I guess, but then we will still run into relics sitting behind shrines as a potential problem, but I guess changing those relics would still be easier than changing the whole ability.

15. Sokolov

Man, so many relics still have 21 HP, 25 HP or randomly have 1 DEF (why does the Iceguard Bracers when dropped have 1 DEF anyway?), or giving trees, why are they 1 DEF?

16. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

have u ever punched a tree mate

super71, themacca and Kampel like this.
  17. DiCEM0nEY

Aren't you a dev?

18. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Seism is a hard counter to relics.

Good.

Make the choice at BG composition stage.

19. DiCEM0nEY

Hard counters encourage draw wins. Not that I agree seism is a hard counter to all relics and relic bgs

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

No it isn't. Seige lord is a hard counter. Seism is just a counter

davre likes this.