Seism...from Cactuar's Crate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Nov 7, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No aoe seism please it doesn't counter what seism was made to counter which is unholy tomb and the like.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

That's not what seism was made to counter.

3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Some relics definitely look more resilient than others. Guard Tower and a lot of the IS things look sturdier than the third world SP huts and stuff.

Woffleet, newsbuff and soulmilk like this.
  4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Having the HP of Relics being 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 might be a good idea.
    Possibly also make the defense of all relics 0.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it needs to destroy at least half of relics out there.

My worry is that in doing 15 damage, and only a few relics changed to 15hp, then it is no longer a reason to run a champ.

Then something like siege monger becomes unviable since nobody is going to want to dedicate a champ to maybe, occasionally, countering that problem relic.

This leaves it in the same position as shatter summons (or whatever it's called now) where it is cheap but usually useless, so is really only a footnote on whether to include a champ.

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

That's how it should be

7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Where I am on this is that Seism is ok as is.

At BG design stage I have to choose whether or not to take the e.g. Siege Monger., for the perhaps useful Seism, or take a better all round champ and deal with problematic relics another way.

That feels ok to me. I make my choice at BG level and can compensate with other runes.

But the opponent can run two relics to shield from Seism if that's a very important part of their BG.

But I may have taken Demolish rather than Seism, in which case he has a somewhat wasted slot.

I quite like this type of tit for tat approach at BG design stage.

Seism can be powerful, but not too powerful, and is often useless.

super71, soulmilk and badgerale like this.
  8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I agree, if were gonna change a ton of relics, and or change the ability it's not worth it when pox needs the devs on so many other things. Leave it as is for now and maybe we can address it in the future.

Relic overload in my opinion is the one that really needs a change right now, global damage to all relics is pretty mind blowing.

Fentum and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  9. DiCEM0nEY

please include arctic wail when talking about this. It costs 25-50 nora for all relics to die, because of frost amp. I actually thought it cost 50 nora untill looking it up just now, and STILL thought it was OP when frost amped. Costing 25 nora is joke and piss poor balance.

10. DiCEM0nEY

seism should be limited to factions which dont have a demolish. if the goal is to keep factions unique utility wise.

11. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Siege Monger 8 nora cheaper(60) would still be Firking amazing, lad.

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

not really chief.

but either way, that's not the point.

13. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I hope that 1 of the following 2 things happen:

1. seism is dropped to 15 dmg to relics as to deal with traps while not making banners obselete
    2. making banners 25 hp which i know would be strange but at least it wont make them obselete in the bg

14. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

If people are worried about seism vs banners, keep seism 20 and make banners 25.

Banners are singular thematic runes so no problem keeping them ‘special’.

15. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Not really. They're brainless crutches that started out as a cashgrab.

Etherielin likes this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This takes no real dev time. It is just some minor number tweaks. It's taken me longer to talk about this than doing it. I already finished the relic hp pass.

In fact, almost every idea suggested here takes vastly more dev time. At the same time, overload, as already mentioned and in the crate is already slated for a change.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  17. Sokolov

Agreed with most of this and I believe this is largely preserved with these adjustments.

18. Sokolov

Yes I removed the def. And now almost everything is 15 or 20 hp.

Woffleet, Etherielin and soulmilk like this.
  19. Sokolov

There are already lots of relics at 15 or less. And I think reducing a relic to one attack or one ae spell close to death is still viable. It will just be less brainlessly efficient.

20. Sokolov

Whether or not Seism is changed, I have decided that the relic hp pass is happening.

I like the idea of back rank relics being weaker than front line relics so that when you do break the front line they mimic how ranged is typically less tanky.

At the same time, it'll drive me less insane to see random values for hp on relics.