Seism...from Cactuar's Crate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Do you want me to go over some relics after the patch just in case? :D

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

If you can reach someone's UT uve already won the game, hp doesnt matter

4. DiCEM0nEY

now it will take 4 more turns to kill every relic on the field for ~30 nora?

I think the 30 nora is the problem, not that turn limit. Please nerf arctic wail to 50 nora as well, and make it physical damage, not frost.

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Another thing to consider besides how sturdy or powerful a relic is how expensive the thang ends up. Like, it's not the same when your disposable 25 nora contesting relics get BTFO as opposed to your theme enabler 30+ nora backrows like Ooze Engine or Totem of the Muses do. So consider all of the following:

• Making 20 HP 20 nora the baseline blindly ignores the value of abstract effects and benefits a lot of relics more than others. A follow up revision would be a good idea.
    • Mathematically, the value of some relics is lesser than 15 but you can't make them lower than that because it's tied to contesting nora values and stuff. There's no easy fix for this one like the Adaptive change which opened the way for cheaper spells.
    • People hate unapproachable global effects like UT or the original orb of frostfall and rock generator. Seism in theory sort of helped to provide an answer to it but in practice, it just ****s everything over pretty evenly while it also happens to do that.
    • Despite all the Bane Shift Seism gets, the ability changed the relic meta and how we play the game or construct decks in general, which is pretty cool. People SHOULD use their noggin to account for something like that and I think it did the game more good than harm overall. The game needs more POW abilities like that that feel nice to use when you get them to work in order to be attractive(though there's not much thinking involved atm).

Woffleet, davre, Fentum and 1 other person like this.
  6. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Yes, there is definitely a lot of hate for Unholy Tomb.

If there was a champ with the ability, UT Hate: When this champ is deployed, destroy all Unholy Tombs in play; I'd put one in my deck for sure!

MrBadguy likes this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Random rework proposal:

Seism - Removed from game.

Siege [Nora: 5?] - When this unit or any other unit with Siege is deployed from the runedock, the closest opposing relic takes 10 physical damage.

On its own its kinda mediocre but if you include 4-6 Siege champs in your deck you can ramp up the abilities value the more of them you have out. Position to hit multiple relics or combine fire to destroy individual ones.

Etherielin likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Not sure what this means. Relics aren't and won't be 20 HP and 20 Nora. They will remain costed appropriately.

Yea, in general, if it's not worth 20 it'll still be 20 which, for a 20 HP relic still has some leverage value in certain decks. But ideally some of those can get touched later and actually be brought up in value.

Pretty much. Which is why the changes I am proposing are the way they are. I want to keep the impact of Seism to be relatively high in the way it can affect a board state, but be a bit less mindless in the way that it hard counters all front-line relics. It was originally intended to be more like a relic-based Jab, but I think this direction has been good for the game overall. The thing that about it being meant for killing back rank relics is a bit overplayed by certain people (who keeps repeating that falsehood), but I can understand why they want an ability like that.

9. DiCEM0nEY

Why is arctic wail considered balanced at 25 nora to kill all relics globally at 35% ice amp (very easy), or 50 nora for all relics without it, when a UT + banner is already 65 nora

10. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

May i suggest that Seism deals 10 dmg to the closest relic and if the relic is in a deployment zone it takes an additional 10 dmg?
    I think this would emphatize the job this ability is supposed to do while not affecting that much frontline relics (which imo their effectiveness "values" got colaterally affected by the existence of the current Seism even being considered while building a bg)
    I feel like if Seism is not addressed this way it would push a powercreep race for frontline relics making them need durability in addition to the combat effects which i believe we are already experiencing..

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

sok literally just said seism was not made to counter relics that sit far back

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Am i reading this wrong?:

I understand from that that sok does not want Seism to insta-kill frontline relics that easy but to do kill relics which are sitting in the shrine and alike.

**I dont consider all frontline relics to be contesting relics so thats why the "if in deployment zone then it takes 10 more dmg"

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  13. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

seism is broken, i run minimal relics now.

whats the problem with skull of decay, furk all you healers. healing is broken.

14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

should just legit leave seism it the way it is an change "nora mines" hp to 20.

15. Sokolov

That thing is going straight to 15, my dude.

(And maybe straight out of my Bursticade deck.)

Woffleet and Etherielin like this.
  16. OriginalG1

will ice shard's hp get lowered to 15hp?

17. DiCEM0nEY

Buffed to 25

18. Sokolov

Yes, same with Dragon Skull.

As for per crate, they are actually both being consolidated down to 20% and affects units (right now they have some minor differences in the way they work).

OriginalG1 and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  19. OriginalG1

Hot damn, I dunno what is better a win in game or a win in forums!

MaruXV likes this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

Both are rng

OriginalG1 likes this.