Seism just showcases how horribly broken banners are

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Sep 12, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The only reason seism is so good is because you hit a 20 nora relic that provides every champ with +5hp and +1 damage.

And don't get me wrong, the original banner that gave refunds was way worse, but it's still incredibly good. It's been an auto-include since the dawn of time. One of my main gripes with it is that it also buffs summons, just like faction bonus, which makes summons even better.

It's just so much stats on your champs for 20 nora. They were justified before as a way to make FF compete with splits, yet with hero buffs and significant FF theme improvements, much splits don't see play (not that I'm complaining).

How do people feel about warbanners? Are they okay? Is it just a thing now? Or is it too much?

Lemme know in the comments below and subscribe to this thread to keep up with all the sick discussions that will take place

BloodAshes, Goyo, Qucas and 7 others like this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I never really understood why a hard counter like Seism was allowed to exist, when a hard counter like Sever Summons wasnt.
    Still doesnt make sense to me.
    But yeah, you could probably be done with banners at this point, I havent really seen that many threads showcasing how splits are so much better over full faction.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, banners are still dumb

4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Unless youre vs IS and they drop a damn Guard Tower between you and their banner. RIP Seism, it wont even kill the Guard Tower without help due to resistance physical and 28 hps. Im just here to complain about Guard Tower being a ****.

It is interesting actually that Banner is permanently auto include in every single deck i have ever made, ive never given it much thought. I even try and work it into split decks most of the time by picking the majority of my champs from same faction. It is pretty op for 20 nora thats for sure. Youre already getting 20 hps for the 20 noras and then theres the truck load of hp it dishes out. Hmm.

Edit: And then theres the fact that its dishing out 5hps and 1 dmg to all that summon spam too.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Whatever they other than that, they are also boring and shouldn't hog a slot something more interesting could take.

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

banner is cool. can be used to contest fonts, or played passively. seism requires positioning and punishes you for playing single relics or relics with < 20 hp - making mason's spire or 21+ hp relics more valuable. Banner is a slight tempo hit early game that could be the difference between a 65 nora deploy versus an 85 nora deploy. And like you mentioned, rewarding FF is part of meta balance due to the natural meta advantage of split faction BGs.

iiiioooque, Qucas and Fentum like this.
  7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I think both banner and seism are dumb. Banner should affect real champions only, while seism shouldn't be an instant 20 damage but a damage over time effect instead.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Qucas and Elves Rule like this.
  8. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Something like short-lived, but for relics?

Qucas, Etherielin and newsbuff like this.
  9. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Agreed, banner is just way too pointlessly good. When you look at a champ, imagine it has +1dmg and +5hp.

10. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Could maybe take the coding from soak the earth's terrain effect and apply it to the nearest relic or something.

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@BurnPyro I really think FF needs this efficient buff( coming from someone who hates efficiency) because of the many advantages playing splits can offer. I do agree with you that summons losing the Banner buff wouldn't be horrible, but any further nerfs would be too much IMHO.

TeaNinja, Aquifn, Kampel and 5 others like this.
  12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I think you are missing the point here Lush. It's not about FFs or summons, it's about a deck slot that's permanently locked down for a no-brainer deploy.

If Sok wants to keep the effect there are lots of things he could do to pull the rune away from autoinclude status, like a simple cost increase or giving the effect a maximum range.
    If not, they could be redesigned for faction-specific bonuses like the markets have (this would be an interesting locus for community discussion as well and would help develop that faction flavour people are always going on about).

Etherielin, Qucas, Woffleet and 3 others like this.
  13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

More global buff problems I see, at what point will everyone realize global buffs of any kinda and global damage of any kind will always be a problem. Give the banner a range and we will see if it's auto-include in every bg. I'm also all for summons losing global buffs and all buffs from banner/faction bonuses.

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

no brainer? did you read my post? early game deciding whether you want a 65 nora deploy + banner or a 85 nora deploy is not a "no brainer". deciding whether you want to contest with banner or play it safely is not a no brainer.

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

How often do you lose games because you deployed a warbanner at the wrong time? Like let's say the last 50 games you have played: can you recall any losses where you, in hindsight, can trace that loss back to deploying a relic with immediate contesting value and a global stat boost when you should have done something else?

Pedeguerra, SPiEkY, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  16. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

For me, banners are auto in FF and help to balance the lack of versatility vs splits. A useful tweak would be to only affect real champions. And still cost 20.

Tweek516 and super71 like this.
  17. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

18. Excalibur95

i like how banners effect summons too... else zombies dmg would be even weaker than the total Bane Shift they are now. if there is a summon that you believe gets too much dmg nerf that.

19. Excalibur95

i think its better to change one rune or a few than thousands.

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

has anyone brought up the idea to just add a side slot like an avatar but for the banner? Like how you get to choose the avatar in a split and it's automatically there when you have it FF.

Netherzen likes this.