Senshu's Daily giveaway (suggestion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, Nov 3, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I came up with the idea for Senshu to engage the community with a daily giveaway. Senshu liked the idea and today he has just done a trial run, with TurbanMan winning a random Exotic for making senshu laugh with the best reference to Ren and stimply. Kraska and h0spy also won a prize.

This is a thread looking for ideas of how best to implement this. How should the giveaway be done? For example the first person to join Senshu's created game and beat him wins the random exotic rune.

I see this as something small and fun that will help to engage people playing pox. Plus new players that don't have many runes will have a great buzz from getting a free exotic from this!

all ideas/suggestions welcome, i'm sure if we get good enough feedback/ideas @Senshu will do this regularly!

Woffleet and SaintKiwi like this.
  2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Bring back the Green hosted tourneys/showcase matches. Although Kreb only did a few they were enjoyable to say the least.

PS SoE never paid us for that tourney, the swine!

SaintKiwi likes this.
  3. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

The idea behind this is that its something that Senshu can do very quickly in his limited time on client, so i'd imagine he has time for 1 game for example but it needs to be of a reasonable time frame.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Senshu fights against one trick-deck randomly selected from a list of submissions (that isn't based on attrition) and gives the submitter that won the rune at the end?

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I couldn't care less for senshu's sense of humor. Regardless of how good it might be, it is irrelevant.

This is merely a distraction from the fact that DOG is shitting the bed every night. I have no use for cards of an unplayable game.

6. Vote Kanye 2020

My free bloodworm says otherwise. U just jelly

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Something something mika

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i would be interested if they gave dooms pr harbs or high value exos

9. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

What if he gave Shards? Play Senshu and win, get 250 shards. Play Senshu and loose, get 500 shards. Obviously if they are loosing they need better runes or some peoples logic at least follows that suit ;)

Easier than daily games would be trivia or simply guessing a random fact. What color are Senshu's socks today? Answer: Pink with purple hearts.

Sorry @Senshu I didnt mean to tell everyone. Just a few random ideas.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There is no way to gift shards.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Don't make these kind of things too cutesy - it would at nothing to an experienced player, and would only assist new players in the short term. Better would be a reward system as a fixture. Therefore, make it game related at the least. If there are going to be any cults, make them cults of mechanics rather than of personality. Winning a created game is one way to do this. As h0spy mentioned, semi-weekly informal tournaments of 8-16, or even a couple such small tournaments, would be a fantastic method to promote player engagement - these could have token awards for participation, and that exo as 1st place. Correctly promoted on the front page, these could be a real boon. That might, however, take more effort than is being directed to the endeavor.

Whatever the case, it would be great to keep it game-related and recognizable to players as a consistent community element.

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

create the gift rune, the gift rune cannot be added to decks but can be scrapped for for X amount of shards.

you should already have the art, just crop a piece out of the giving tree art.

just joking around obviously but it would be a simple way to implement shard gifts/prizes if nothing is available

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Something that needs to be done in his limited time on the client. Senshu as said that he tries to be on at least 4 times a week for an hour each. (Needs to be done in 1hr)

Something that wont bother the Bane Shift out of Senshu while he is trying to do it. (He does not need to be inundated with PM's or having him try to respond to chat so often he can't enjoy the time he spends.)

I honestly have no clue. Maybe something similar to the lotto on Twitch. You type a certain keyword, or phrase then it randomly chooses a player, or more. I wonder if the system even allows for such a thing? @Senshu Does it?

EDIT: What if Senshu gave a riddle, and the answer to the riddle was the phrase you needed to type into the lotto?

14. Vote Kanye 2020

If The greens dont get tourneys running in the future I'll trial weekly or fortnightly tourneys and if they gain a good amount of positive feedback I'll continue them. Hopefully this keeps the game fresh and adds to the competitive side off things. It's brilliant that we have Moles and others hosting these large scale tourneys every month or two, but I feel like smaller ones would also benefit the game aswell, so it's worth a shot I guess.

MentalMoles likes this.
  15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

daily is a lot. support the idea though!

16. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd prefer a free daily draft tourny with random packs for every person.
    It would be so much fun.

17. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Best movie/game/... quote/title with a poxnora twist. Gone with the windstriker fe... I noticed the giveaway yesterday evening, but I know nothing of Ren and Stimpy and so I just ignored it.