Serpentine Mass (KF Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Serpentine Mass
    Race: Beast, Construct | Class: None | Size: Large | Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork: An absolutely giant mass of twisted and vicious snakes emerges from the forest of K'thir and enters the Scorched Forest. The snakes, of all colors, contrast greatly with the muted colors of the burnt stumps all around.
    Flavor-Text: "A powerful mage and a beloved snake charmer once lived on the outskirts of K'thir. They lived long and happy lives, blessed by the forest. Tragically, they were both cut down by a rampaging Vothsair. With their final breaths, they made a tandem wish for nature's vengeance. Judging from what I have just seen, it seems their wish has been fulfilled at last! -Sipn, Master Bard of K'thir
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: 82-92

Champion Stats

DMG: 15 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-2 | DEF: 1 | HP: 52

Champion Base Abilities

Attack: Physical (0 Nora)- This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack
    Arrow Eater (14 Nora)- When this unit would take damage from a ranged attack, that damage is prevented, and this champion gets a bonus to DMG equal to 25% of the damage that would have been dealt for 2 turns.
    Faithless (-5 Nora)- This unit has no spell presence.
    Fury (3 Nora)- When this unit makes a successful basic attack, it gains +1 DMG.
    Inscrutable Form (0 Nora)- This champion cannot be cloned or copied. No other champions can take the form of this champion.

Upgrade Path I

Multiattack II (10 Nora)- This champion's AP cost for making a basic attack is reduced by 2, to a minimum of 2 AP.
    Pummel II (11 Nora)- This champion makes its basic melee attack against target opposing champion at +1 AP. If successful, this unit makes an additional basic attack for free against the same target. AP: Attack +1, CD: 3
    Surge: Beast I (5 Nora)- This unit has +1 DMG for every friendly Beast.

Upgrade Path II
    Combo Attack: Poison (4 Nora)- When this champion makes two successful basic attacks against the same champion in a single turn, that champion becomes Poisoned for 5 turns.
    Poison I (2 Nora)- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Poisoned for 3 turns.
    Poison II (5 Nora)- When this champion successfully damages a champion with a basic attack, that champion is Poisoned for 4 turns.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Fentum likes this.
  2. Xirone

As the flavor-text alludes to, this champion is a KF version of Vothsair Ireguard. It was created by two dying elves who fused their powers together (magic + snakes). The champion's upgrades are essentially the same as Vothsair Ireguard but are updated for diversity's sake (and thematic reasons, too). This champion has Inscrutable Form added to prevent Grimilic's Mirror shenanigans. Overall, this is a melee champion that would be quite useful in most decks but would be especially useful in Beast decks!

Fentum and Karamasov like this.
  3. Xirone

The artwork would be similar to this but bigger...
    [​IMG]

Fentum and Karmavore like this.
  4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Badass. Love it.

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Excellent creativity. I'd be tempted to use this in an SP KF split.

In general, however, I am not a fan of every faction looking similar, so my view is that it is better to have KF counters rather than a similar rune to a UD monster.

e.g. reclaim, devolve, protection, archer commander (rain of arrows), oaken mace, etc

if you really want a specific anti-Ireguard KF rune, you might try...

Keen Eye - Spell - Target champion gains 'Keen Eye'. Champion making a ranged attack may ignore the effects of Arrow Eater on attacked champions. (grants permanent ability, similar to ST's shield or Favour of the Queen)

Aim for the Oxter - Spell - aoe 3 Friendly champions within the aoe gain Keen Eye for 4 turns.

These are pretty situational but allow ranged elves to counter the big lad to some extent.

Karamasov and Karmavore like this.
  6. Xirone

True, but SNAKE BALL!?!?!

Karmavore likes this.
  7. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

SNAKE BALL?

Now you're talking!

Xirone likes this.
  8. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

9. Xirone

If Race: Serpent still existed, it would certainly have it. As the snakes were included in Race: Beast, however, I'll leave it as is. Race: Construct & Snake does sound more fun than Race: Beast & Construct. At any rate, more snakes are always welcome!