Shadestriker...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HalfGodBro, Mar 13, 2014.

1. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

Suggestion: REMOVE Surge spirit on this rune, this is ridiculous seriously, a 67 nora rune, that have the purpose of annoying, and putting Dead magic zone, should not be able to reach easily 20+ Damage with 3-5 range, and staying hidden during your opponent turn
    Why did SOE added surge spirit on this on the first place, i have no idea, random patch -_-

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Oh, it's one of these....

[​IMG]

3. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I use to laugh at it playing lich decks simply wasn't fair.

4. HalfGodBro

??? you guys really think that shadestriker is balanced in its current state?
    Why?

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Nobody thinks he's balanced, be's OP as hell

6. only

only Active Member

I agree that +3 nora wasn't a solution. adding Surge: Spirit was problematic so the obvious answer should have been to remove that ability. for some reason, +3 nora addition was chosen. I guess it less efficient, but surge problem isn't solved.

there was push to solve illusion problems in general: Lighting Rod, Thorn Collection, Surge and Council: Spells.

7. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I have no opinion about it as I don't play FW at all. I just found it funny that we have the first 'nerf this' thread on the new forums. :p

8. HalfGodBro

also, shadestriker is in one of the public BG, and really kind of destroys everything there xD

EDIT: i don't consider removing surge spirit on shadestriker as a nerf, its making him balanced ;) (Surge: X shouldnt be put on random champions like that, especially champion that already have a purpose other than dealing 20+ damage at range)

9. jeeperz2

I am not disagreeing with you a 20 damage distract spamming magic dead zones everywhere ranged champ isn't healthy.. Having said that all for 67 nora..

10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huh, although it wasn't a specific "nerf this", there were a lot of nerf calling direct at the pox renovator, even before release. Typical in your pox nora forums.

11. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I think there is a lot of "all that for <75 nora" going on in the meta, it's not just shadestriker.

12. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

It's fine at 67 nora. The main interaction was largely addressed by nerfing Ethereal Soldier's reinforcement. L2P.

13. TheNidhogg

You just have to make sure to kill him on the turn you destealth him. He's squishy so it'll take like 2 or 3 hits.

14. jeeperz2

He is usually the guy in the back of all the units doing tons of damage going in and out of stealth usually surrounded by a dead magic zone don't make everything sound so easy when its not.

15. only

only Active Member

it was fine on release. then it was pushed to get race: Spirit for more synergy. it was cool and stuff, but for some reason he was pushed to also get Surge: Spirit and I think that was breakpoint. it just needed to lose that surge again, but now it got +3 nora. he also kinda pushed Serkan's surge to move to upgrades.

I guess Shadestriker having surge wouldn't be a problem at all if surge wouldn't work with illusions.

16. TheNidhogg

I don't follow the argument that says Surge = +3 nora. People are saying it and it's flat wrong. It was buffed with addition of Surge Spirit around a year ago. It was nerfed this past week with +3 nora. The logic does not follow.

Baskitkase likes this.
  17. HalfGodBro

less abilities is always better anyway imo, but im sure when DoGs are gonna work on the balance, everything will fall in place, at least i hope...i have high hope towards DoG xD

18. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Nerf illusions or I don't know...kill shadestriker are both good options. Illusions have no reason to feed surge. Anyone defending it probably uses it.

19. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just to note: AlphaPsa said on his day he considered non-sensical the fact illusions would feed surge, hence he was thinking on reworking that interaction. Either because is an old code that can't be modified without exploding into a bug swarm, or because the august announcement, he was unable to do it. Still, the precedent was there, and I think next to all the players on the game agreed on said change.

20. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

A lot of FW players agreed (primarely on the old forum but it has some support here as well) that a fair solution for the Shadestriker would have been to Lose Surge and get a flat +2 damage.