Shadowlusion - Goblin/Imp-themed stealth spell

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Apr 1, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Shadowlusion
    Underdepths

Spell

Gist:
    A tactical/defensive spot-cloak for up to 2 champs, with Illusions as a bonus if any Goblins or Imps are in the area. One possible use is to cast when contesting and engaged. Your imp or goblin is moved and stealthed to safety close by, and your enemy is now engaged with an Illusion. With any remaining AP on your hidden goblin, you can sidle right back into the font to continue contesting (if you were moved out of it), while your enemy has to kill an illusion or disengage it before searching.

Flavor: "Meh! F'ya want it to be all colory 'n' wowsome, go see a fairy. Me? I do it right, I do it quick, an'I do it on the cheap." -- Farkis, Goblin Alchemist

Cost: 30

Effect:
    Area Effect 2. Up to 2 friendly champions in the area are Stealthed and relocated to a random space within 2 of their current location. If a friendly Goblin or Imp is in the area, an Illusion is also summoned in place of each relocated champion.

Why:
    I have wanted to see more Spell-Theme synergy, especially with racial tie-ins. Pox does this from time to time, and at its best, it can be a lot of fun. I like the idea of a non-champ rune that explicitly rewards theme play without requiring it. Here, we have a Stealth spell -- something UD isn't missing -- but this one offers a unique boon to Goblin and Imp players.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014