Shadowrake discussion - preview 1

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by chickenpox2, Jan 9, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So when i saw this my reaction was WTF??
    8 speed with alternative Attack: Acid and hunter: quick
    What you guys choose for upgrades if they DOG makes no changes to the runes
    Also lets dicuss about the abilities what is Hunter: Quick, shadowdance and statis going to do
    What you guys think?
    @IMAGIRL

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Poxlife likes this.
  2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

How about you guys wait with your judging until AFTER you see what everything on the champion does? (I suppose asking that you also playtest it first would be too much.) Or would that be too smart of a move? You have been repeatedly told, by multiple greens in the preview discussion that the rune is not as OP as it seems because of what Stasis supposedly does.

Now, granted, it was wrong of the greens to post a rune whose unknown abilities supposedly change its power rating and behaviour so drastically, but still...

Eh, but go ahead and ignore what I just said while throwing baseless opinions around because I know you're dying to do so.

3. chickenpox2

Well i get your point but still there really no harm in releasing abilities of a few champions early now we can see how those runes can fit in to the bg
    Like shadowrake i can use him as a alternate attack champ i would not have been able to know that just by looking at his art (actually you could)
    prefer this rather than just a regular preview even with the unknown abilities we can get excited about the stats it better than not knowing at all

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

There's no harm in a bit of speculation to pass the time till the expansion. Provided people know that it is just speculation.

I will say this: shadowdancer is a big (and very cool) ability, and stasis is a big negative ability which you'll have to play round.

5. chickenpox2

What the best combo?
    I think rotting blow and scour quite good
    But I wouldn't mind running cripple its useful as well

6. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

yes I will like to order. 2 of those please.

7. chickenpox2

@badgerale give us a tease on the orher races thats coming for UD
    gobs, Imps boks mutants vampyre?

8. badgerale

I've actually only seen one other champ. The council aren't told everything.

9. Toadkillerfrog

Toadkillerfrog The King of Potatoes

So Deepelf will be a race again instead of Demon, Elf? Yes please?

10. Revengercm

well I hope it doesn't change anything from the current champs. I don't want grimlic or deep elf fanatic to go from demon to deep elf but I want them to go with both.

11. badgerale

I think that was just a mistake from sok.

Though it is an interesting subject, if deepelf did become a race then they would lose demon synergy, but would perhaps make 'demon' a more distinctive theme, as well as open up deepelves for their own thematic abilities.

19madfox95 and Sirius like this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Or we could do a SL-Dragonkin sorta thing and have "Demonkin" that includes Deepelves

13. Revengercm

well if you use the search bar on rune checklist. Deepelf is already there. So no more grimlic or deep elf fanatic ;(

14. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

Really like that alt attack

15. chickenpox2

which would you choose scour/rotting blows or dispelling blows?

16. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

Scour with rotting blows

17. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Wow, pawn is only 6 nora?
    Can I have it on everthing?

18. badgerale

If you have pawn on everything then the damage would just end up back on the original champ.

RasielCZ and doubtofbuddha like this.
  19. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

It's a rogue and it has shadow in an ability name. I'm thinking cloak of long knives

20. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

In order for this rune not to be extremely op, stasis would need to be the worst drawback ability ever