Shallaxy the Courier

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by darkpally5, Jan 22, 2015.

1. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

Can we do something to make this rune interesting? I don't mind if it is bad or overcosted or what not...but currently it is really boring. Rend and Hit and Run for 75 nora? What is this, Skeezick Rebellion?

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Agree ... similarly with higher end runes in general. Rend upgrade path is for commons/unc... high end things can rend but lets not make it a path option ever. Also see magnus, defiler knight, centaur savage, s. commando ..etc etc

3. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

If the reason to use Shallaxy is hit and run (lol it shouldn't be) at least give her 7 speed...

4. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Shallaxy is leaps and bounds the worst of the bunch. I really hope we address this in the upcoming buff patches. The hard part is figuring out what to do with the unit that doesn't just turn it into Voil Courier 2.0.

Magnus is a solid unit. It may not be a superpower, but it's a damn decent rune. K'ento got overnerfed a bit both directly and indirectly with the nokan changes- and no one really runs her anymore. She either needs escalation back or a bit of a redesign. I love Silent Contemplation in theory, but there are just too many maps where she doesn't have the luxury of sitting around for 5 rounds to get to a decent damage level.

I'd be interesting to see her lead with a Jakei racial of sorts (Surge: Jakei, for example). But she needs enough flexibility to be viable in a more diverse set of BGs.

5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Been running her in both my Meta BGs and Voil BGs just to see how well she plays.
    I had no real success.
    I mostly ran her with Swap and Gravitiy Well, but it just made her in too much need of a lot of AP.

6. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Battledrum or Deploy: Trap w/ some mobility/stealth upgrades (hit & run/swap 3/shadowstrike). For people who worked hard to get her by saving 150k, the current Shallaxy is a real insult to their efforts.

darkpally5 and soulmilk like this.
  7. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Since trap relics that comes from a Deploy ability can't contest fonts, I really think its okay for Shallaxy to have her old abilities again:

Attack: Magical
    Deploy: Rock trap
    Grav Well
    Sonic Flight

U1: Illuminate, Logistics: Range, Weaken Spell
    U2: Swap 3, Hit and Run, Battle Drum

0ryuk0 likes this.
  8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I wonder if having both Deploy:Rock Trap and Battle Drum might be too strong and if they should instead be on the same upgrade line.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Same upgrade tree.

10. Raikan

Same tree. That is a meaningful choice.

soulmilk likes this.
  11. Raikan

I think giving her all these abilities would make Shallaxy super expensive. Also, as a 6 speed champ, she'll almost never have enough AP to use all of them. We have gravity well on Ancient Slag, which is a pretty good champ, so people already have access to that ability.

12. RedScarlet

Well you can just take out Grav Well since its not her unique ability anymore. With a 10 Nora djustment... she's much more appealing for a redesign

as of now, Snogvie's base nora cost is 56. Shallaxy's 53. So letting Shallaxy be expensive is absolutely no problem as you can see how big the 'impact' of deploying a snogvie in terms of board control.

That's what I think a 150k rune should be = an impact rune instead of a cheap, overly efficient unit.

In Shallaxy's case, I think the skillsets that begs for her role should be flexible.

1) One would be stealth, disrupting Voil Jester-esque role.
    TRICKSTER + Rock Trap/Swap + U2 abilities

2) Another would be more of a front-line champ.
    BOLD/BLITZ + Swap 3 + Command:Block/Dodge

PROPOSED STATE
    Base: 49 Nora
    (73 Nora without upgrades)
    (83 - 92 Nora range with upgrades)
    8/6/1-1
    /2/52

Attack: Magical
    Sonic Flight (+8 Nora)

Deploy: Rock Trap (+10 Nora)
    Swap 3 (+6 Nora)

U1: Trickster (+13 Nora) [base], Blitz (+8 Nora), Bold (+8 Nora)
    U2: Battle Drum (+6 Nora) [base], Command: Dodge (+6 Nora), Command: Block (+4 Nora)

It's just an idea, but I personally dislike if a 150k is cheap and efficient. It should be like Coragh and Snogvie in their current state. Once you pop em out, the board control will shift. I used to have that feeling with Shallaxy when I deploy my Rock Trap in the middle of a contested font.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    soulmilk likes this.
  13. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

Here's another idea, change upgrade line 1 to this: deploy: rock trap/ hallucinogenic / void touch
    upgrade line 2: swap 2 replaces hit and run

Change range to 2-4 or 3-4 and add hit and run to base.

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

No way Sp is getting ranged Void Touch. St tried and failed.

15. RoachKing

One can dream. Changing the range was an afterthought because melee hallucinogenic/ void touch didn't seem so special. If void touch would be OP on a ranged
    champ then it can be replaced with battle drum. But for the sake of fun lets give it void touch and then nerf it later.

Does anyone else like the idea of a ranged hallucinogenic hit and run Shallaxy?

16. RedScarlet

Good god thats cool. But flavor-wise... What does she do to produce the hallucinogenic shiet? Sing a song and people get high?

At least 1-1 w Preparation and Hallucino to limit shallaxy spamming hallucino everywhere.

Tho imo Deploy: Rock Trap = Shallaxy to me

17. Raikan

Void touch doesn't feel thematically right with her. As a Bard and a sneaky courier, I think musical/stealth/mobility abilities should be the focus, although I've got nothing against a ranged void touch unit. It may be unnecessary though since we have state of confusion.

Hallucinogenic is a cool ability, but I like RedScarlet's suggestion that putting it on a pure ranged unit might be too strong. Preparation is a decent compromise. I share RedScarlet's concern that it may not be consistent with Shallaxy's flavor, but maybe it can be justified as a poison-like ability.

I like the idea of Trickster, although blitz/bold/command don't see thematically appropriate to me (those are more warrior/general-like imo). I'd like to test the Trickster/Swap interactions (i.e. does stealth apply from trickster first and then break upon the swap, or vice versa).

Another option I've considered is a Shallaxy build that allows rock trap, deafening aura, and hit and run. It would make her a good font skirmisher against anything melee.

If Shallaxy were to get battle drum as an option, I think cyclops drummer should go from speed 5 to speed 6 so there is an easily obtainable battle drum unit in SP and so a limited/legendary wouldn't be auto in all bgs (although they are much easier to get these days).

18. RoachKing

Well maybe she uses magic to enchant her victims, or her dagger is dipped in poison. Anyways here's another suggestion that embodies Shallaxy's shadowy aura.

change range to 1 for a cost decrease
    base abilities: sonic flight, deploy: rock trap, escape

up1: enveloping mist(6 nora), swap 3(6), gravity well (10)
    up2: fascinate(3), shroud(8), wicked aura 1 (?)

Shallaxy's purpose would be anti-range and board/champ control. With escape after being damaged you now have a stealth champ with fascinate/ shroud/ wicked aura which would be highly annoying for the opponent as he doesn't know where that fascinate champ is or he can't target the champ giving shroud. Keep in mind that's only if the opponent lets your shallaxy get away. I know wicked aura got deleted from the game but I feel like it's appropriate for upgrade line 2. Maybe it can be brought back. If not then it could be replaced with deafening aura but the I feel like shroud will always be chosen over deafening aura since both abilities are the same cost. Overall I feel like this is a fun build that's less epic than my previous suggestion.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I like how her 71/75 nora Swap+ Illuminate/Gravity Well build looks, in theory. That being said, I haven't actually played her yet(don't own her) so I'm not entirely sure.

20. Raikan

To be clear, I liked the Hallucinogenic/Void Touch/Rock Trap build with the 2-4/3-4 range (although I worry she might be too expensive, I'd have to do the calculations). But I suspect that a lot of people will feel that void touch in particular is an UD-only ability.

For this build, shouldn't it be something like the following:
    UP1: Enveloping Mist, Shroud, XXXX
    UP2: Fascinate, Swap, Gravity Well

This puts the relocation abilities in one tree and the anti-range abilities in another. I suspect people will complain, though, that Voil shouldn't have shroud.