Sheoul Magus

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by themacca, Jun 30, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Since apparently this guy is due for a change i figured i'd make a thread here in respect of @Sokolov's wishes. So im only really throwing out small suggestions here since i dont want him to see a complete rework but i think that giving him 2-4 range and replacing abuse charged with attack charged would go a long way on him and potentially change him to a more offensive AOE orrientated champ as opposed to a super self healing champ that he WAS not so much since the recharge change.

@badgerale @MakarovJAC I think both of your opinions here could be fairly valued as well if the 2 of you wouldnt object to taking the time to look into this.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know if I'd say he's due for a change, I mostly meant that if there's something people like to see, I am open to hearing about it.

I do acknowledge Recharge change put a cap on his burst. And that I always thought the HP loss on Blood Magic was kind of awkward given that you are generally going to be healing off the ability anyway.

3. themacca

i agree that 5 hp loss is a bit of a nuisance. especially when it triggers perserverance on him even when it would heal him (Edit: Confirmed it still does this) but i think it would be good to keep his core playstyle the same he could just use a few things to make him do that better

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  4. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

it'd be nice if he either got another way of producing charges or some way of nullifying hits more

5. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I love when some nub attacks him to 1 health, then doesn't kill him.

Recharge/Blood Magic back to full health is fun.

IMAGIRL and OriginalG1 like this.
  6. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I know well this "Recharge bomb" it was the only reason I played Vampyre split faction bleed. And to have it work you required at least 3 enemy champs within range, all with Bloodied condition prior to activate it. I'm not going to give you the full math required to trigger that, but I can assure you that is far easier to create a super Elven Ancestor or Jakei Heretic than it was to heal him back to full life.

Now, that was me venting my anger for him getting nerfed. Regarding changes, well, if Recharge isn't going back to its original condition, it pretty much requires Magus to get reworked into something entirely different...Like creating a totally new champion. He was there just to survive a beating until he could use the recharge blood bomb next turn. Given there was no nasty surprise in there waiting for him.

Let me think of this. It's gonna take time before I can come up with something...Give him Charged Blast (and range 2-4); or Charged Magic Bomb. Flavour text becomes just bling on him. It's not like I'm going to create a brand new blood abbility...Or remove the whole charged thing, give him Bloodtracker/Relocate: Blood Orb and Blood Dispersal/Bloodseeker/Bloodlust in order to stick to flavour text...he he he...MwahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I think he is fine as is, demonologist and seeker stupid range is a bigger problem.

It would be flavorful though for magus to get dark summons (for free if possible) — several recharges and lots of turns in play for a free imp shouldn't be op.

8. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Its role could (and should) be the one of a wizard. As a melee beater it's not appealing. The following suggestions are meant to make it a solid include in bleed bg or a generic support rune.

* Range 2-4, 50 hp
    * Base abilities: Bleed, Dissipate and Blood Magic
    * U1: Perseverance, Recharge, Life Siphon
    * U2: Blood Dispersal, Relocate: blood ball, Attack Charged 1

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

All the blood magic champs are average to UP which makes me think it could be buffed a little - it would help magus, help bleed, help vamps.

Move up to 10 HP heal?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  10. themacca

possibly make it a 0 cooldown and increase AP cost to 3? and take recharge of magus?

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Interesting. It would also mean the charge system would need to be looked at.

not sure how it would work on other blood magic champs.

I guess it would give them all the potential to heal quickly if they have AP for it which might be dangerous but it certainly bears thinking about.

12. themacca

i think the charge system as a whole has needed work since the revamp. as it stands currently abilities that gather charges are all costing a fairly large amount of nora. and then their charged abilities are also costing a fair bit and its causing their prices to be a lot higher than they probably should be

13. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

The charge system is good. It's balanced because of the conditions required to get charges. One of them being the other player being bad at keeping his champs alive. The other one being keeping the champ alive in order to use his charges.

Let's just focus on Magus. That's the only reason of this thread, and why a couple of players were summoned called here in the first place. I mean, we can do that later. Let's stick to the idea of reworking a guy killed because of a fix.

Also, I like the idea of summoning something, but since the whole thing of the guy is getting a benefit from bloodied condition, how about we make it summon champs with bleed or bloodtracker at a discount. I mean, the whole thing of this guy was to exploit bloodied condition, let's allow him to get some sort of benefit from it...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  14. themacca

thats not a bad idea. considering both vamypres and the bleed champions suffer from fairly high nora costs giving out refunds wouldnt be the worst idea to help that theme

saromon50 likes this.
  15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

was my favorite champ back in da day.

16. themacca

Since im focusing so much at the moment on getting vampyres buffed again. Bump

17. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Make all bleed champs have blood magic.

18. cstocks

cstocks The King of Potatoes

How about making him a great support allowing him to recharge himself or another units cooldown? Say within 4 to 5 range

19. cstocks

cstocks The King of Potatoes

That would really change the ways hes played/used and made more versatile

20. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Can we start first by fixing seeker and demonologist i think those 2 need a buff more than magnus
    that would hugely benefit bleed and vampyres 1-2 range or 1-3 range
    i seen a lot of people complain about this @Sokolov why are you guys so against changing them?