Should dive break stealth?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Jon, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

Was just thinking about this recently. I think dive should not break a stealthed units cover. Currently, since it is a special ability, using dive would break stealth which is counter to how it would be used in the "real world." Consider a navy seal which would never reveal himself in the process of diving from one location to another if he's already in the water. In fact stealth would be used to increase a navy seal's capacity to infiltrate without detection instead of exposing his position, as is currently the case in Poxnora.

So, I'm thinking it would be nice if dive did not break a unit's stealth (i.e. similar to shadow shift which has NO conditions other than the unit must initially be stealthed to work). This way it would be more consistent with reality and still not OP since you still must meet the water condition.

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

This would certainly make Dive less COMPLETELY useless.
    Just mostly useless.

I have run into the dive destealthing problem far to much with Darkmarsh Snatcher.

3. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

you forgot that the only relocating ability that doesnt break stealth is dimension shift and it relocates only max 5 spaces while dive can be upgraded up to 7 spaces

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I like the idea

5. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

I think the sound of a unit diving would be enough of an indicator that dive is being used but, if the unit is already stealthed, the location should be hidden. Thanks for the feedback on this. Devs? (lol)