Should UD's bonus affect regardless of range?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, Jul 3, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You've been here long enough to know we're not glass half full kinds of people.
    You're better than that come on

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Quality ignorance thread

SPiEkY and themacca like this.
  3. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

lol.
    I didn't say it was unbalanced. I just mentioned for the flavor. Just to see that it feels good that all of your champs are getting it.
    Take it easy Burn. #CalmDownBroIt'sjustAGame

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

soulmilk and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

XD. 10/10

6. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

They nerfing Deep elf priestess with relocate demon: cd 2 . before was CD 1 for years. years!!!

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Blizzard said the same thing about their sleep system. They started calling it a sleep bonus instead of a sleep penalty.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I dont see anything bonusy about Ana's new dart. You just have to sit there and watch as she scopes in and shoots you in the d***.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Come again? I was referencing an Extra Credits video that talks about game design. One in which Blizzard added a Sleep Penalty where you gain less xp overall unless your character sleeps. The playerbase was unhappy with that, and Blizzard went silent on the subject. In future updates they started calling it a Sleep Bonus, making it seem like the current penalty is the the normal, and what you get by sleeping is the bonus. I'd actually been looking for video in question for the last ten minutes. I gave up.

Special note: I don't play Blizzard games, so I have no clue what you were talking about.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just being Snarky. Blizzards new game Overwatch just released its first new playable character that has a move that puts the target asleep for like 5 seconds. Normally when a target of sometjing like that is immobilized you would shoot the head for a critical strike but Ana is unique in that her shots cannot critical strike so players have taken to purposely shooting people in the crotch while their helpless subjects are lying there.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Framing is a fairly basic concept. Calling something a bonus instead of a penalty is always going to change the way it is perceived.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Im more of a glass half empty type myself

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Resurrected or Undead?

Big difference in "feel."

Kampel and SPiEkY like this.
  14. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

"the optimist says the glass his half full, the pessimist sees it as half empty,
    while the rationalist says, this glass is twice as big as it needs to be"
    T.C. :)

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'm the realist, It's a Firking glass with water in it.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have always preferred to drink straight from the faucet.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Also big difference in lore; for example, someone brought back to life usually doesn't rot, while undead do; resurrected have free will, while most undead do not :p

Kampel likes this.
  18. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I'm fine with ranged units getting the same bonus as melee units. Just give all units in ff +2 dam and splits +1. Problem solved.

Boozha likes this.