Silly but, skirmish difficulty?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OchiK, Nov 13, 2016.

1. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

This may seem a bit silly or have been discussed before and since I've been playing off and on for years I'm not really sure what new features players have to go through first but there can be a serious difficulty gap in skirmish.

I know computers are dumb and often times predictable. However the skirmish battles pull from an array of player constructed BG's a lot of them seem to be from veterans as well.

I'm wondering if opposing BG's could some how be tailored to the level of the player account or maybe more simply only contain rune rarities that the player has in their deck. I.e. If they only have up to rares then they don't fight BG's that contain exotics and legendaries. Maybe an exception can be made for relics like the markers.

It can be quite daunting even against a computer to face exotics and legendaries in a FF themed BG when you're rocking commons and uncommons from a smattering of different factions.

Just as an example my first game back I had no idea what I was doing or what my BG's were set up to do, I tried out a subpar trap themed BG and found myself facing off against ireguards and bok heroes. It went about as well as you might expect :D

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I know this doesn't really answer what you're asking, but Rarity =/= Power

Fentum and JellyBerry like this.
  3. OchiK

No it doesn't i was going to edit in that their are a lot of choice runes that are CUR and can be forged easily. I was testing out a new UD/SL split however each side I was pushing was mainly FF runes pushing each side.

However one side there were two of the exotic dwarf heroes I forget their names, ironfist? and someone else. And I had two pincushions one with flame shield pushing back. Between the two of them they killed both heroes. However the other side I had daggerpedes pushing with a ritual cultist popping ritual of creation on CD so the pincushions were getting regen3 and healed an extra 6 hp every 2-3 turns.

But a lot of themed BG's lend themselves to easy synergies from actives and passives and when you're rocking a kitchen sink BG and have no idea what you're doing it can be quite daunting.

4. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

The whole point of skirmishes is to play against player made decks to get a sense of what may be used in ranked.

So in that regard it's doing it's job albeit in a slightly limited manner due to silly AI. You can always play basic campaigns on the lowest difficulty to test anything but if your current deck is failing to do anything, what needs changing is said deck, not the skirmish system.

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Skirmish games are really only useful to keep slightly entertained between player games. Pretty soon you will be able To beat all skirmishes with basic decent decks. There are a couple of 'broken rules' skirmishes that might be slightly more difficult for certain BGs. But once you get the hang of it again, you will never lose a skirmish.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Lushiris likes this.
  6. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

I love it when you get that grassy plains map, where the shrines are on the far left and right. You know, the one where the AI deploys all their champs into the chasm next to their shrine? Gives me a smile every time

7. OchiK

It's so weird that this is still a thing, and that the deployment logic hasn't been fixed, something like if tile = chasm deploy champ? false.

I should also state that I know nothing about coding do forgive me the horrors that I write :oops:

8. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

I know right I've wondered the same thing. It seems like it should just be one or two lines, but if they made this game with spaghetti code than any small change could just screw something else up. This is the same AI that just randomly casts spells in empty areas and casts buffs on your champs, so I guess it's not surprising that they also deploy over chasms

Fentum likes this.