Single target "destroy your own champion" spells in FW/UD that leave Stitched Remains.

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by BansheeX, Apr 6, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I tested these as part of preparing for a Stitched Guide.

For now these ordinarely used single target spells in FW/UD to kill your own champions will leave remains:
    Stitched Possession.
    Repurpose.
    Eye for Eye.

These will not:
    Sacrifice
    Retribution
    Goresplosion
    And to make matters even worse these 3 spells will also not leave a nora globe when used on Stitched!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

Some time ago, I tested out every single sacrificial effect I could think of to see how it interacted with the Stitched. I don't remember if I posted it on the forums or not and I don't have it saved anywhere. In addition to your list:

Leaves remains:
    Blood for Mortar (UD spell)
    Hekatian Bloodgrinder (UD relic)
    Devour (SP spell)
    Valiant Sacrifice (IS spell)
    "Rite" abilities (Kanen Cultist & Crone; Wyrmpriest)
    Essence Devourer's Appetite

Does not leave remains:
    Burnout (UD spell)
    Blood Offering (Bok Warden, UD Avatar)

Spell I would love to use but only works on Undead:
    Throw Bones

That's all I recall. I don't know if this is 100% accurate. Either way, the wording on the runes is extremely inconsistent. The Bloodgrinder, for instance, says captial-S "Sacrifice" but doesn't follow the alleged rules of Sacrifice effects. Burnout and Blood Offering say "destroyed" and leave nothing, while Blood for Mortar and Devour say "sacrifice" and leave something. Goresplosion, an explicitly Stitched-themed spell, says "destroyed" and leaves nothing.

Sacrificial effects absolutely need some kind of consistency pass and I'm certain that Stitched will need general readjustment afterwards.

Meanwhile, I'm going to test Vinetouched Pedestal Stitched + Fuel sometime today, because I like the idea of +1 range on Kiergana.
    EDIT: No remains!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

GIven what Gedden said in this post things that say sacrifice should say Sacrifice.

I would assume then if you are still finding these inconsistencies, let them know in the bugs board and hopefully we can get them standardized?