Skeezick Alliance on base for every skeezick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 13, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

For the love of god. I shouldn't have to upgrade the themed ability on more than half my champs. It already is a mediocre racial, a lot of times the alternative upgrade is better than a situational +2 damage

I mean, how do I justifiy getting Skeezick Alliance over regal presence on Blackguard? Mindblowing.

Obviously it's even worse to take alliance on half the champs and the better ability on the other half because of how Skeezick Alliance works.

TLDR title

TheTortoiseLord likes this.
  2. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

For once I agree with Burn. I went to make a skeezick deck and hated having to choose between an ability and Skeezick alliance, it should become their racial and be base on every skeezick.

3. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Zealot

Dagda likes this.
  4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This is a big dilemma. Abilities like racials having to be chosen creates a lose lose scenario. Also abilities like loyalty and ally contribute to this bad situation in a different way. In those cases you have to take stat bomb upgrades over more interesting options simply because its the most efficient.

- If we make racials base (where previously available as upgrade only) then you will get some people raging over "sandbag" racials they dont want to have to pay for since I'm just splashing this etc etc. Same with loyalty and ally which should also be base but people dont feel right using a loyalty or ally champ in split or ff decks ...and even if the ability was close to free....would feel Nora cheated. Its a tough situation, but i think you bite the bullet and go back to tossing skeez alliance on base or just scrapping it and loyalty and ally for that matter since they are all just stat bombs.

P.s. Having to choose an ability like barbaric assault is silly...a conditional assault should be base not competing with good upgrades. It is not a racial choice, its a dumb one.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Endless Devotion champs feel your pain.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

[​IMG]

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh yeah and while we're at it, 4 nora for a situational 2 damage is a joke.

Make it 2 or 3

8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

supported

9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I have to add though that Alliance doesn't NEED to be base on everything.

Splashable champs or those who fit in other decks having it on upgrades is fine. Stuff like Arthromancer, Machnist and Wylder make sense. Alchemist would also work if it didn't compete with good upgrades. Drummer can also be a case if you want to go old school. Herder is like what the hell whatever.

Then I see stuff like Warmage (same path as Instigate wut?), Netter, Half Skeez (doesn't matter much, the other 2 are a waste) which cause issues more than anything.

Oh and my absolute favorite is Resilient Skeez :

[​IMG]

I mean REALLY? That's my choice?

Hell just make Alliance work like C&C and suddenly all of this is a complete non issue...

ToxicSwamp likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Jib

Instigate or Skeezick Alliance?

Great upgrade set for the warmage, you only need two abilities on him to make him runnable. Let's put them in the same upgrade path

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

could try going for a third (possible) upgrade line, focused on racial

my thinking is that not all champs would get the third line, and those that do should likely get to choose between getting something out of it or leaving it bare

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. rogreborn

rogreborn Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like this one, lets make it so.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

bearing in mind that a potential issue with third-lining champs is that it creates a higher ability-average for champs, or it's likely to gimp them for the sake of a theme. one of the two has to be reconciled somehow

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- How many spiders have creep and crawl as an upgrade path? How many voils have sonic flight as upgrade choices? Artic flight? These are not perfect comparisons but it starts to blur the issue. Serious question...

- I think we need to just re-evaluate things like skeez alliance to a very flavorful but not game turning power level and give it to all relevant skeez on base. "Choosing" a thematic upgrade will always put you in a pickle...as the runes purpose is driven by upgrades and you will inevitably be gimping your champ ironically by choosing the thematic upgrade.

- We then have the issue of making upgrades interesting without "being" the champion which is tough as well. Maybe its simply time to make more dynamic racially driven themes like barbs is "trying " to be but not quite nailing tbh but its a process.

15. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Violent for Every Draksar

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

The upgrade of +2 dmg on the Renovators cost 4 nora.

Skeez alliance also costs 4 nora.

Id be in favor of this so long as Alliance was made cheaper, if its kept the same cost then it'll simply make everything more expensive paying a hefty premium on +2 dmg some of the time.

BurnPyro likes this.
  17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

CAROUSE TO BASE ON ALL THE DWARFS

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

18. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Putting plainer abilities on the racial upgrade line is a reasonable request. For example, 1 damage all the time, versus skeezick alliance (2 damage with enough skeezick out). It's also important to not have autoupgrades, as that defeats the point.

But I'm against having champions cost more just because I don't run a preset theme. At least with upgrades you have a choice.

19. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Wait....
    wasn't there a long thread based on the opinion that racials were 'poor design' immediately before the revamp?

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You know what, that's true.

Replace every instance of Skeezick Alliance with Bonus Stat : Damage 2 and let's never speak of this again.

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  21. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

there's another problem with tossing all the racials on base for all things, though, which is it was the stated goal to move away from that

maybe it's a good time to look at re-designing or revamping skeez alliance, somehow

Sirius likes this.