Skeezick rebellion (spell) ninja nerf?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taskumatti, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Taskumatti

Taskumatti The King of Potatoes

*edit* the spell name is actually revolt

It used to deploy REAL champs. It was never said that it would be imbalanced as also opponent got one champ, which was real.

Now the summoned skeezicks via the spell seem to a) not count towards alliance untill a real skeez is deployed b) do not give the benefits from rebellion but they still have the ability

May I ask why this was changed or was it unintentional? Nothing in the patch notes about it.

2. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Also it has a drawback unlike Darkmarsh Warsong, Grobble Assault Force, and Call to War.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Actually it has two drawbacks, unlike them. Took the spell out, it was situational before, and it's hard to justify having right now.

4. Taskumatti

Yep, basically shoebox now. :( Any dev wanna confess making the change??

5. Taskumatti

Summoned champs do not cause any affect regarding the last buff. By that I mean they do not trigger the heal or dmg buff when they die. This might be a bug but they didn't trigger alliance either. Try having 2 skeez out then do revolt spell. Alliance does not trigger when they are summoned.

Either way just having the champs work with alliance does not help much. They do not work with forbidden fruit and they can be easily sever summoned etc. You pay 80 nora for them and give your opponent a decent champ that has advantage upon your champs.

= shoebox.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  6. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

It isn't permanent damage homebro. Skeeziks aint cheap so don't think that means much.

7. Sealer0

I'd rather have shoebox/inefficient skeezicks buffed, then having to rely on situational, and mostly bad skeezick revolt. Also, you're overestimating the buff from skeezick alliance. As claydude said, skeezicks are not cheap and with the current playstyle, when things start to die the game is close to be over. And it's only friendly champions, not all champions.

If the enemy kills 3 of your 60-70 nora skeezicks you get divine favor and +3 damage for a couple of turns. Does this sound particularly strong to you?

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Are you trying to say free champs is a shoebox thing. Oh boy...

9. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

uh, they aren't free. the only free champ in that spell is the one your opponent gets.

10. Sealer0

Yeah 80 nora for 3 summons at your shrine and 1 for your opponent isn't exactly gamebreaking. I would run it if they were free though!

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

It's 160 Nora worth of champs tell me again how it isn't free?

12. Sealer0

look at groble team or call to war.

Deployed at your shrine. That's pretty trash in so many cases, it's not even funny. Better buff dyad.

13. Garr123

Do you know what the word free means?

You also give your opponent a 60 Nora real champion that specifically counters Skeezick, so 160-60-80=20, so you come out 20 ahead, but now that they are no longer real champions the actual value in that is dubious.

I don't know if it was unfairly nerfed, but it certainly isn't and wasn't "free." Especially compared to similar spells, the only thing really good about Revolt was that the champs were real.

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol. I'm not even going to bother cause this borderline a with stitched arguments in champions being created aren't "free" so have your arguments.

15. Sealer0

Math too hard.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

This thread is a joke lol. "'My easy wincons aren't as usefully anymore, please help me win brainlessly" blah blah blah.

17. Garr123

Ah, yes, giving up and claiming it's because you're too good for argument. The fool's redoubt.

My reply was actually pretty evenhanded, not sure what you're on about.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

learn2play

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

20. Taskumatti

There is not yet any well motivated comment claiming the real champs were in any way overpowered because of the drawbacks. I know such motivation is hard to produce and thus the trolling.. Someone would have brought up the matter a long time ago if the spell being op was the case but there is no threads about it. It has always produced real champs so it's nothing new. The ninja change (maybe devs thought it was a bug fix?) was the new thing.

Nevertheless, it would be nice to get a dev comment on the subject. If this was caused a mistake (as it was not mentioned in patch notes) we might be discussing the matter for nothing. Anyways at least the spell will be well analyzed.