Skeleton BG improvements and viability

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by iiiioooque, Nov 7, 2014.

1. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

Hey peeps, I play poxnora since the early days, 5 years ago. I recently came back to see a lot of the game has changed.
    Decided to create a skellies BG and was looking for some advice. Here's the BG link:

http://poxbase.com/deck/C4wc8kChMc3qC2fc@c4Wcg@c7zchXC4bc6wc4ns6ZSwsgS2ms60s4fs5as2_r2hE2B

I was wodering if I should keep 2x Animated Blade or replace one for a Skeletal Reaper.
    Also if I should consider the Revenant instead of Skeletal Berserker.

As for spells, maybe put in a Mobilization, but don't know what I should take out.

Looking for some advice from the more experienced players in the FW world and also more familiar with today's meta.

Thanks in advance ;)

2. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

take out: hungry dead x2, obelus, Skeletal raider
    add: Sacrificial altar, mobi, maybe a hoarfrost dragon or skeletal rifleman... voidhowlers are good too. As for an AOE, Anathema is pretty good.
    Skeletal Berserker is great by the way, don't replace it with revenant
    If you want you can add the reaper but if you do make sure to pick up black death combined with either the rabid from crossbones or voidhowlers. Note that skeletal rifleman has black death too.
    But the animated blades are fine too.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  3. Zero

Zero Active Member

Skeletal Lerpers are a big thing. Beserker is insanely good for rush down and you can repurpose him for like 10+ damage 22+ HP. Skeleton decks in general are just slow in PVP so it's hard to make a dedicated skeleton deck. You're better off making a skeleton core and expanding beyond to get the other good undead cards.

Get a lich king, he's godly with the +2 surge.

4. iiiioooque

Thanks for the repplies!

@Zero , so what would be your suggestions on a competitive skellie based deck to play ranked ?
    Could it be based in something like disease damage, or some other specific races like Skellies & Zombies ?

5. Zero

Zero Active Member

Mmmm, there's some undeads that aren't skeletons that are good.

Blinking Creeper
    BloodTracker
    Utterdark Planeshift
    Fallen Darksar
    Utterdark Soulrender
    Utterdark Spectre

6. D4rkSteel

You don't need any non-skeleton champs for a competetive. If you add the champs I named it's a solid skeleton bg for sure. The only non-skeleton champs you could add are some supports like death harvester, dusk creeper. And like zero said, Lich King can get pretty nasty once you have a lot of bones walking around on the battlefield. Works good if you add some graveyards. But I don't agree with Zero on his last post. I wouldn't add any of these into a skeleton BG. But if you want to add some decease dmg, go for the black death abilty from crossbones, skeletal riflemans, skeletal reapers and utterdark voidhowlers.

7. iiiioooque

I understand both your points.
    What I can foresee is that a skellie deck needs a bit of time before establishing a solid board control and for that you need durable creatures and keep laying skellies. The slow pace maybe because of that.

There's no better way of knowing than trying!
    Thanks a lot for the help!

8. habbocraken

habbocraken The King of Potatoes

vai mas é trabalhar pá

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Rifleman is a pretty solid champ with aim he pretty strong
    what about horafrost lich he's pretty good as well plytacery bound allows him to resurrect again

10. D4rkSteel

Lich is too expensive, just go for crossbones rabid rifleman black death

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

2x animated blade is good for first turn draw. cheap flying spd 7 can mean capping a font in time. also hes good dmg. oh and it has shatter.

lerper is prolly OP and will get hit eventually when the devs start caring about proper balancing.

12. m007kuzya

m007kuzya Well-Known Member

Hi!
    I make a skeletal BG in my own teste. Plz see below:
    http://www.poxbase.com/deck/C4wc45C8kChMc16C19c9dCg@C4bc6wswspS1Ls2_r2hR3lrmr8E2Beqe2J

1. I add two strong liches: a King and a Serkan. Because King has a good +2 surge, and Serkan with a Vendetta has a very good +1 for each undead death. So, if opponent kill my skeletal i recieve bonus, and if my opponent not kill my skeletal i recieve bonus too :) Very good, i think. Ye?
    2. I also add Anthropomancer, for use it as a mass heal spell. to extend a little short life skeletons :)
    3. All 3 liches not a skeletal, but i think that they are good for this BG. But i am not shure, in a Necromancers. They have strong summon skeletal ability to make huge army, but they are not a skeletal and even not an a undead :/ May be it is enough another productions of skeletal such us Bone Fracture, Bone Trap and so one? it may be worth it to replace Necromancers for something more powerful? Or may be vice versa more cheap meet like a Broken Bone?

What is you opinion?

P.s.: sorry for my terrible English :) it's not my native language.

13. D4rkSteel

Remove necromancers and anthropomancers (probably the 2 most horrible champs in FW atm) and add crossbones and xulos

14. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

It really pisses me off that not all attacks drop skeletons from bone elemental and boneshredder+cloak, you invest in this runes and they end up dead by a bunch of trow hammer/axe, flamestrike, cones etc, etc...
    My advice, go for a lich king and and when you are about to hit something with it, cast a dark rising, instant +10 damage on lich king, pretty cool.

Edit.
    Here is my skeleton BG let me know if this helps, try to keep everything skeletons related.
    http://www.poxbase.com/deck/c4wC8kcuChMC2fc93caNc16Cg@chVC4bc6ws6Zswsps4Ns2_r2hR3lr8E2Beqe21

So sad playing a skeleton bg without xulos, why god why!!? they have to make him so farking damm expensive.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  15. iiiioooque

16. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

This is FW, everything is slow and takes time to build, zombies, worms, even spirits.

17. D4rkSteel

18. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i like alter of bones, you can sack summons with it.

20. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

No bonewing ?????