Skeleton BG improvements and viability

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by iiiioooque, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Bonewing..... Pls don't make me weep.

2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I feel like skeletons are individually inefficient for their cost,and the racial synergy is not really holding the theme together.

Leadrz likes this.
  3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

cloak of skulls would make a theme out of any race you named on it.

4. Netherzen

I didnt say that there is no theme,its just that the racials abilites are boring and too few,which limits skeletons as a competitive theme.

5. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

It is possible to play skeletons on a competitive level, but it's difficult. I do agree that there a not enough racial abilities. Maybe they could add something like a new terrain covered in bones. Champions with race: skeleton that occupy terrain covered in bones gain regeneration? And maybe something like trail: bones. Other spells can be changed that for example "wake the dead" only works when the globe is on terrain bones.

6. m007kuzya

m007kuzya Well-Known Member

Why horrible?
    Anthropomancer is only one real heal spell that FW has. 74 nora is not so expensive (for example, Desperate Heal cost 45 nora) and bit more useful then only heal. And has only 6 CD vs 9 CD on Desperate Heal... Especially it useful if we use Tome of Hate.
    Necromancer is not so bad in this BG, i think :/ With Elsari Coven we are slow down just placed champ and when we defend our nora font. Also i add to this BG a Soul Collector. They have good combo of Death Eater and Soul Collection abilites, and also DMZ around himself, so Elsari Coven from Necromancer will be more useful and flexible. And Necromancer still a good summoner (lvl3 sceletal). So Necromancer a good support unit. But at any case, i need more practice to test all my suggestion :)

Xulos is too expensive... i already has a two expensive and strong unit in deck - King and Serkant. No need one more.

Omg, you are fully right... I forgot, that Bone Fracture trigers only on base attack :/ So Bone Elemantal not so good as i think... But, you still use it in your BG :) Why?

Yea ^_^

Thanks!
    Doom is pretty strong spell! It can be cast on any unit?! Without any restrictions? So i can kill any champ in 3 raund?! Wow! :)

Why you add Death Harvester? 12% refund nora is good, but he is cost at last 54 nora, so it is need for me to lost champs for more then 450 nora cost to only refund cost of self. You sure, that it is really useful? :/ If i already lost so many units, it is looks such us i am already have defeated :)
    Or Death Harvest trigers on summoned skeletons too?

For what you use Tempest Crown? It is looks not so strong :/ Tome of Hate or Graveyard is more useful, i suppose :/

And not understand why very often people use Hoarfrost Dragon :/ It is expensive (79-82) and really weaker regarding other champ with same costs :/

+1! :)

Below my new skeletal BG:
    http://www.poxbase.com/deck/C4wc45ChMc4mc16c19c9dcg@chXc76C4bc6wsws4Ns1Ls2_r2hR3lrTrmr1r8E2Beqe2J

At the first of all, i add a Tome of Hate. I think it is very useful to heal my shrine, because i very often use Scry to find right rune for this turn. Also summon skeletal from graveyard consume 2hp from shrine. It is not so many, but in long time can make a problem without healing shrine... And 2-3 dmg (with tomb) in round without possibility of heal (dark healing) is pretty cool and extremely useful in long term perspective :)
    I add a Soul Collector, to catch all globe that dropped and for use Elsari Coven from Necromancer with they DMZ around...
    So, now i have a 5 liches in this BG (King, Serkant, Anhropomancer, Soul Collector, Tormented Priest). Considering this, i add a Reaper with surge Lich ability.
    Also i kick out Bone Elemental. He is good, but too expensive (90+ nora...). It is enough melee champ here.
    I add Death Guard, as i champ-spell. Сonsidering that FW is more profitable in long term, so we need strong defence. It is extremaly cheap (37 full cost - 11,1 nora globe (30%) - 2,2 boon (20%) - 6 (if i catch globe with my SoulCollecor) = only 17,68 nora cost ).
    And i make some change in spell, relicts and equipments.

7. Netherzen

I would replace soul collector with dusk creeper,dusk is cheap and is a very efficient champ in fw meta.Since you have tome of hate you can also run skeleton berskers at 30 nora(with blood frenzy 1 and berserker 1),when you pick their globe with dusk creeper they only cost 19 nora.

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Bonewing is pretty much terrible.

9. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Bonewing was such a good unit in the past, it was actually my first leendary rune.
    For me the theme works only if bonefracture works with seconds attacks, otherwise is a waste of time.

Leadrz likes this.
  10. m007kuzya

yes. I don't understand how to use Bone Wing :/ Boost Skeleton not needed, because it is Tomb Lord here. Immune to range atak? For melee champ it is almost useless... And too low damage and spd for using him as killer range champions... Rebuke is too specific ability, for take any profit from it. Really absolutly useless rune. Or i don't know how to use it :)

11. XFurionsX

I can sit and talk of the prerevamp bonewing all day.
    You could just trow two of them in the field and they rocked with dread and they help each other with flanking.
    Sob sob :,(

Poxlife likes this.
  12. m007kuzya

Agree. Dusk very good, with +1rng. But Soul has a +6 nora from each globe, and ... and i just don't like worm and i like lich :D

Wow! Good idea! And i can add more sacrifice rituals, to destroy short lived champ to take additional profit!
    Skeletal Berseker with lvl 3 berserk and lvl 3 Frenzy has a +10 dmg! And +1 from warbaner, and +3 from boost ... it is 26 dmg! It is 2x26=52 dmg in a round! And if i cast Throw Bones (+1AP) - with multiattak they can make 3 attak in a roud! It is 78 dmg!!! WOW O_O And it is still cost only 52-15,6-3,12-6=24,72 nora! And when i make Repurpose on him, someone else take a boost of +13 to it dmg! WOW again! :)

http://www.poxbase.com/deck/c4wChMC4mc16c19c9dC4Wcg@c76C4bc6wswS5dS1Ls2_r2hrTrmr1r8E2Beqe2J

13. Netherzen

Dusk creeper also got dead eater,along with fading light and assimilate,which makes him the best nora collector.

14. m007kuzya

But if we chose Death Eater, we lost Improve Range. Without it - Dust can be used ONLY as a nora collector, without any other profit. Not so good :/

15. XFurionsX

Hes good with anything, improve range, improve damage or dead eater.
    Id choose dead eater, mora nora never hurts.

16. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Dusk Creeper is the most overpowered FW rune atm, abuse it while you can. its an auto inlcude in almost every single FW bg.

Edit: Chill down son.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    Netherzen likes this.
  17. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

Last time I've seen it was before revamp guess this why

18. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I take improve range on one and damage on the other. I find the improve range is indispensable when you have ranks of zombies or skeletons all trying to get a hit in with their measly 1 range.

The creepers are easily the best soul collectors right now because they are cheap enough to not mess around with the consistency of your deck. Lich's are cool and all but if you are running a skeleton bg then Lich King and Magistrate are the only ones which really synergize with the theme. So by running the creepers you have more nora to spare on skeleton related things and a unit which can better complement the rest of your bg. On top of that it's pretty hard to kill once it starts collecting.

I also run Death Harvester almost every game because i definitely kill well over 450 nora worth of my guys throughout a long game and it's a cheap detect mook which can peck at your enemies when required. However skeletons is where i usually won't use one as i like to run 2x lerpers and that is more than enough detect.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  19. m007kuzya

With Ronin Expansion we have a new summoner: Accursed Scrofula.
    So, now we have many summoners. I take it all in one BGs:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/ClnChMctUC8GcdYC9gChNC19C4bS5fS1Ls2_R2hrTRmRvE2B

In this BG it is only 2 champ who are not a summoner:
    Dusk Creeper, beckause it is best support
    and Crypt Guardian, beckause we have many altars that will be userful to transfer closer to our skeletal army.

We almost no need Nora Font, because we produce our army by summons.
    And we can fully use Sacrifated Rituals from spells, abilites and altars to deal huge damage and some buffs :)

may be this BG is not really playable, but it is really funny :)

Netherzen likes this.
  20. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

If only summons didn't cost that much AP ... and if only we didn't need the nora for all the summoners.

And if only, there wans't so many counter summons these days ...

We stick for the if only's for that bg i guess :p