Skeleton BG need feedback

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by D4rkSteel, May 7, 2014.

1. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

3. D4rkSteel

Why don't people use Spectral emissary?? He has awesome stats, I don't see why people dont use them.
    Also, Death Harvester + alter of bones & graveyard doesn't work anymore... does it?

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

His stats are ok, but there are far better champions to run. Its not so much that he is bad, his 75 nora is just better spend elsewhere.

Altar, Bird, Graveyard is to slow and expensive to set up in todays meta. the game moves to fast for it to be viable on allmost all maps.

Try running 2 Bonewings and 2 Tormented Priest as your support skeletons. They are better than what you are trying to set up imo. I would also remove the Boneelemental. No need for 4 2x2 melee champs.

5. D4rkSteel

Thanks for the feedback :)
    Too bad I don't have a second bonewing atm, but I will get one soon.
    I'm still doubting the 2x dark rising 2x sac altar though

6. BansheeX

2 DR + altar can make a word of difference.

7. D4rkSteel

8. BansheeX

Looks pretty versalite. I would remove the Soulbane and replace it with a second Sacrificial altar.

9. D4rkSteel

I think soulbane is an awesome spell to finish champs off. Loss of life and global curse...

10. GabrielQ

yeah, but you have a whole setup tailored towards popping out useless little champions that are wasted without a sacrificial altar.
    That's synergy.
    And sac altar isn't a "finisher" is a "kill anything"

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

if you started with a bonesaw deck, would you craft the2 bone elementals for a lerper or a 2nd tormented priest?

12. GabrielQ

who are you asking?
    I wouldn't

13. D4rkSteel

Bone elementals are not bad, not at all. But Boneshredders are just a little bit better.

14. Ragic

well that's the question, assuming resources are limited and you cant have it all. I already assume the shredders are better than the bone elementals (more than a little actually), but assuming you bought the bonesaw deck, aside from that substitution, what is the best way to improve it. 2nd TP, or lerper? its the kind of choice new players will face. considering it will take a month of grinding to get the 2nd exotic, they probably want the first exo they get to be optimal. and it will most likely be the BE's used as shard fodder to get it.

15. Ragic

just noticed that the lerper costs twice as many shards as the TP. 2 BE's would be just enough to craft it. Incidentally, 2 BE's get you 40k at poxbox, not enough to get a lerper, 70k. I thought the prevailing wisdom was that poxbox gave you a better return than sharding. anyway, that would be the thing to do (crafting the lerper from the BEs) because the 2nd TP would take less time to grind for than a lerp.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  16. GabrielQ

lerper is good but is not important, first thing a guy who bought bonesaw has to do is shard domination and cursed blade to get 2xcrossbones and 2xskeletal rifleman, replacin both fadewisps and bumping the champion count to 17.
    The next thing would be shifting the support section towards sac altar, but I don't recommend sharding the elementals, they aren't worse than boneshredders, considering that bone fracture is base.

17. Ragic

I figure an avg player will be able to craft C, U, without too much effort so I assume things like the crossbones and rifle guys are available already. the 2 shredders would take some time though. I love ichor on the shredders and the deck doesn't need both shredders and BEs, so might as well get some use out of em by sharding imo since a 2nd tp or lerper would be more valuable to the deck and you would want it right away, not weeks of grinding later.

18. GabrielQ

well, if you are going to keep saying the same thing over and over I won't bother in trying to teach you.

19. BansheeX

16 is enough imo. The last spot is more important for a spell or relic.

20. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

16 is enough.

2x SA is overkill. If you play Skeletons with Attrition, like they're designed for, you won't need it. Between summoner boosts and ichors, etc...2x is pointless.

2x Crossbone is also overkill. Switch one for a Crawling Corpse. Undead Disease Immunity + AOE = useful.

Remove the priests. Ive never found them useful. Replace with 2x Tomb Lords. Not sure WTF nobody has been suggesting any summoners...Skeletons are designed for summoning T.T tl;dr, this looks like you're trying to build a good-stuff BG instead of a themed meta deck. At least we all agree you ought to stick to pure skellies... o_O