Skeleton BG (Need Help)

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TheSkiller, Jul 12, 2014.

1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Grekins are amazing. Throw a cloak of skulls on them, and they are the tankiest tanks skeles have to offer. Trust me. Plus they have 8 spd... and Resistance phys 3... and charge 2 (what I have on it) and crazed charger... they are amazing.

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

tbh I use the bone altar mostly as a font contester. once the champ battle starts mid field, cast dark rising behind their lines, move a skelie into their back font, drop a bone altar and pop the skeleton for a boost. gets me ragequits even if its not the most efficient use of the runes.

gy I like to use a a surprise font capture since those skeletons count as real, it also extends the range of my 6 spd'ers so to speak when it comes to grabing that first font. once either the bone altar or the gy is down, then its a lot easier to place the other for that boost combo. so I run them for utility not nora gen since they made gy skellies not drop a nora globe anymore.

never really got the hang of using the bird for nora gen, seemed like a lot of work to set up. I just drop a ut midgame and run my champs cheap. haven't run into heavy stealth yet, but im hoping UT/festering wounds will do.

don't have a dusk creepers either. im sure the build isn't meta, but then the meta is still kinda broke so im not too bent out of shape about it.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Wow. I don't want to go into too much detail, as much as it urges me to. But I will say that when I run skellies, I don't run raiders, i have a death bird for detect and harvest. I run decayed mercs AND boneyard infantries, and in my most honest opinion- bonewings are so ridiculously shoeboxed it's an auto win when I see someone play it against me. I also run skellies with GY x2 and BAltar x2, and I focus on getting the boosters [tomb lords and tormented priests] out with enough support in both range and melee. I've leaned more toward melee but I do run crossbones. I don't run rifleman. I run two wake the deads and I never sacrifice them, I let them supply me with melee champs who have quite decent stats around the boosters. If the little guys are left alone, the bone altars start making them mean. Also I tend to give the boosters the cloak of skulls, so that they don't get one rounded easily, because losing a booster at the wrong time can make or break a game. The exception is when I haven't revealed a booster yet- I'll snap a cloak on a lesser champ and have them stall for time. In general though getting a cloak revealed and equipping as soon as possible is on the skelly to-do list. I haven't run my skellies lately due to hard counters but people aren't running mech crabs and swarming me as much anymore, so I might pick them up again. Skellies have always been my personal favorite theme, race, etc. Waaaaay back in the old days when we didn't have half of the crap we have today, skellies were my go-to favorite.

4. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

GY + bone altar dont drop any globes, I don't know why