Skeleton BG (Need Help)

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TheSkiller, Jul 12, 2014.

1. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

2. Hardes13

Hardes13 New Member

This is the forum about this bg.
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...and-his-minions-post-revamp-skeleton-bg.4742/
    I think it´s just too expensiv average champ cost 75,9 ? too much
    add a lich king and cheap meele
    when you are a beginner, don´t use dark rising + sac altar, because you will strip yourself of your mana, kill a champ and loose the game.
    try to stall your enemy, attack multiply fronts and try to set up your army.
    and you need cheap champs for that.

3. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  4. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

Can someone else tell me what should i change now please ?

5. Hardes13

Hardes13 New Member

I would try decayed merc ,boneguard infantrie and skeletal berserker. also if you are a beginner, remove one mobie and at least 1 Dark rising.
    I don´t know if the raider is still so good.
    I would run a dusk creeper, for ext. range and nora collection.

6. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

I've never even seen wake the dead used before, but it looks like it could be quite useful. I might try -1 dark rising +1 wake the dead in my version.

7. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

8. Zheth

Zheth New Member

Hello TheSkiller, I am an ol' hound and have not read up on the meta and all, but I can give you my perspective, and you can take my word for what it is, until a more talented guy swoops in ;).

The first thing I notice is your Boneshredder. A fine tank, and with Cloak of Skulls it is as durable as a Bone Elemental(BE) and has the same neat ability to make more skellies. Wonderful. My concern here is that the BE already do these things at a lower price, thus Boneshredder+Cloak of Skulls = BE. This means you are spending 4 slots in your BG, where you could only be spending 2. I would take out the shredders and cloaks and replace them with BEs.

Now, what should we do about those 2 extra slots we just received by removing Cloak of Skulls? Insert 2 Vendetta. Vendetta is a neat item that drastically increase the dmg of a champ. By example, let us say you have a low health BE and it has made 3 lesser bonemaulers. If your Tomb Lord has Vendetta and the BE and maulers die, you are actually rewarded with dmg. Also, Vendetta grants Essence Capture, giving you a small nora bonus for your offensive efforts.

I like using Vendetta, but not on my Tomb Lords, as it would give them too much heat given they already summon skellies and grant boost. Toll-Taker is a great solution, as he carries fine range, Life Siphon and Tariff.
    Note that if your Altar of Bones sacrifice a skelly, the Toll-taker receives a +1dmg from Vendetta and +1dmg,+5hp from Altar of Bones.
    In order to get room for Toll-Takers I would remove the Crown and Soul Reaver.

You ask for a solution to font defence. I can only say the same as Hardes did: Make Use of the Skeletal Beserker. This mean maniac is cheap, deals fine dmg and will be ready in your rune dock in no time. Boneguards, Decayed Mercenarys, and Broken Bones also help stalling the opponents. Should your trusty defenders fall, your toll-taker with Vendetta will be full of dmg and with the aid of a Lich King(LK), their forces will dwindle.
    I suggest removing your Skeletal Reapers to make room for these additions.

That is about all I can suggest. Maybe I am right, most possibly am I wrong, but it is only a suggestion. Try it out and it might work :)

Regards

Zheth

9. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the cloak of skulls is as important for augmentation as bone facture imo. not to mention the added defense. also BEs cost more which mean they are harder to get on the board. shredders are a might tankier as well with bulwark and calcify (or scale armor). you might also want to put a cloak on something other than a shredder depending on the kind of draw you get.

11. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

A few things to consider:
    Bonewing lost shatter and his range, making him sub optimal since you don't really want your boost units in melee range. Also, with the bonewings, you have 5 boost units, which might be a little excessive.

Boneshredder > Bone Elemental. With the shredder, you get better range (1-2) better stats via bulwark once you have a few other champs out, deploy bonetrap for fear/positioning/contesting and it drops free meat. Chasm walker is very situational bonus, but helpful in a few maps as well.

Graveyard + Altar of bones+ vendetta/vengeful isn't as great a snowball combo as it used to be and is a large upfront nora investment for a slow, but still useful, return.

Vendetta itself is a very handy equip and simply evil on lerper as, with surge 2, you'll actually gain good nora per hit, and of course vengeful can snowball him.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c4wchMC2fcdYc75c4QCg@ChXchVC4bc6wctYcjaSwshsns4frTr2Prvr1r8r1aE2B

This is what I've been playing around with. It isn't optimized, but it's fun and just different enough to surprise people now and then.
    Animated blade has good overall stats for his cost and gives you shatter.

Creeper is out of theme but gives you improve range and soul collection+dead eater all in one.
    Mason is a very efficient champ, and with shrine exertion, can pull off a double tap after moving, or race for a font. I run mine with mason 1/bone mason 3. With bone mason3, a double tap will heal your shrine more than the exertion hurt it also.

Boneblade is another very efficient champ, and multiattack+cleave can punish an opponents bad positioning.

Festering Wounds: I don't see many others using it, but after tomb has been out, you can diesease+inhibit every enemy champ and yours are immune to diseased. It also combos well with black death on reapers/rifleman.

Witches hourglass: Ignore this and use whatever you like. I have it there for lulz and because if you get it early, the sands of time effect every time you kill a champ can really screw with the opponent. It's almost as annoying and facing jellies, except you have to kill something to trigger it.

Just a few thoughts. :)

12. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

Thank you, I will try to use the information that you give me in my BG.

13. Hardes13

Hardes13 New Member

I don´t agree with the bonewing. yep you don´t want him in meele, but dont forget, he cant be ranged away, and thats a big point considering you want the boost. But I also think 4 booster champs are enough.
    @TheSkiller, now its time to test end modify your bg... play it and replace the stuff you dont use.

14. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

upload_2014-7-20_22-54-45.png
    This is what you need to do. Decayed Mercs are garbage now since they lost sunder all together and unstoppable on base.
    Boneguard Infantry is so much better now.

CHAMPS:
    Animated Blade
    Boneguard Infantry x2
    Boneshredder
    Bonewing x2
    Crossbone x2
    Dusk Creeper
    Grekin x2
    Lich King
    Skeleton Lerper x2
    Tomb Lord x2
    Xulos

SPELLS:
    Dark Rising x2
    Decay
    Mobi x2
    Soul Reave
    Wake the Dead

RELICS:
    FW Banner
    Sac Altar
    Unholy Tomb

EQUIPS:
    Cloak of Skulls x2
    Soul Reaver

15. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

If you got Unholy Tomb, why not run Festering Wounds and a reaper or two instead of the gerkins?

16. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

This is by far the strongest deck you posted in this thread. Only thing I notice is that you're a bit heavy on champs and are lacking some important spell counters. I would take out either vendetta or tempest crown. My pick would be to keep tempest crown for some survivability on LK and Lerper. Remove 1 Bonewing and Voidhowler. Essence Drain really helps against trouble champs so I always run at least 1. Domination wins games, so I'd find room for that as well. For the last slot, I would choose between a second Mobilization or an Ancient's Protection. Ancient's Protection is like a get out of jail free card. If you notice at the end of your turn that your champs are a bit bunched up, throw AP up as your opponent may well be considering an AoE spell.

You should be playing your deck rather defensively and keeping your Tomb Lords and Tormented Priest out of harms way. Use your Bone Elementals, Boneguard Infantries and Skeletal Berserkers as meatshields and slowly wear down the opponent. Lich King excells late game, as his damage will be reaching 30 right about then :)

17. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

18. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!