Skyrim

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

wyrmstooth being?

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@BurnPyro

Again here is my list of suggested mods, none of them having a gameplay impact aside from these four.

Deadly Dragons (Makes Dragons Deadlier)

Dragon Soul Relinquishment (Trade your Dragon Souls for stuff)

Improved Dragon Shouts (Makes all shouts more viable)

The Paarthurnax Dilemma (Why was this not done in the original game?) ((Not Right now.)

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I like asthetic interactable mods, like the ones that add more buildings to cities, more cities in general (TesV arena legendary cities is probs my fav mod overall. adds 10 whole cities with tons of extra quests), and more people (interesting NPC's is phenominal. especially on higher performance systems). As far as gameplay goes, i would suggest all the ones that imagirl posted

and yeah, i know things but not all things.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

my laptop cant handle more performance

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

All the mods I showed you aside from those 4, do not impact gameplay only enhance it minimally, and are designed to be a low impact on your computers performance.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Quick question. How many cores is your laptop running? Bethesda locks their games at 2 cores, you can go in an change it to run on more cores, but you have to also do the Multi-Threaded core fix I posted with the list of the mods. If you have more than 2 cores, It will greatly enhance how your comp. handles the game.

8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Then i wouldn't suggest Interesting NPC's (tho on my laptop i can still run it decently.... and my laptop sucks). All the other ones should work great

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Yea interesting NPC's is one of the best mods, but sadly your game becomes visibly heavier with it. I didn't care though, it gives considerable extra game time, and it's very lore friendly.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't run interesting NPC's so I wouldn't know, but I'd suggest you heed Lushiris, and Purplestops warnings about that mods grip on your system.

I'd also suggest you look into a PCB mod. (Purge Cell Buffers) basically, it'll make it so every few loading screens or so it'll 'purge cells' of information. (Say if you by chance walked into a room and Fus-Ro-Dah'd the Bane Shift of it, the it'll reset that cell so the game doesn't have to remember where everything fell.)

11. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

For all the Oblivion lovers out there: Nehrim.
    Just google it.
    It is like a standalone Oblivion based game (which you need installed to be able to play). Very fun.

and of course I forgot why I came to this thread again in the first place:
    I recently acquired Dragonborn DLC and wondered how you triggered the event of meeting the Cultists.
    My level 56 guy has not made contact at all yet.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't know and I wouldn't know how to check it.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

PC or Mac?

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

pc

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Hit the start menu in the bottom right, and right click on My Computer. Tell me verbatim what it says for your Processor.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

this?

ima.png

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You have two cores, but 4 threads which makes me think your Motherboard is hyper-threaded. You should be able to force 4 cores, but since they're not 'actual' cores I'd suggest you not try it. Might still be too intensive.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So... don't touch anything?

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Well, if you had the same setup on a desktop I'd suggest you try it, but atm I fear it'll make your laptop run too hot. No touchy.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

IMAGIRL likes this.