Skywings overall playstyle

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Noremac415, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Noremac415

Noremac415 New Member

So i hopped on the Skywings hype, i think i have a solid enough bg, 2x of all the necessities and a prismatic.

but i'm still trying to figure overall how they play, and certain strats or tactics that you'd want to go for. it's taking me a bit to get the hang of them. Can anyone shed some light on this?

This can just be Skywings General too

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Patrol out asap for forward map presence with beacons. Overwhelm opponent with blitz + quicken early. Neodraks/rumblers machines to rip things up midgame.

Basically just rush

3. Noremac415

Noremac415 New Member

Yeah, patrols seem to be the most consistent rune for me. I feel like i haven't been drawing them early enough lately, which caused some confusion and "what am i doing wrong" etc.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

include 2x sunderpede

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

hahahahahahahaha

scrub.

6. Noremac415

Noremac415 New Member

:^)

7. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Rush your opponent some but don't be afraid to take your time, skywings seems weaker late game but they can get such huge damage numbers from blitz that you can really wreck things with some precision play.
    In general I'd say play relatively aggressive and count spaces for the threat range on your deploys (for example, Rumbler and Patrol usually hit the board with 9 ap). Personally, I don't depend on the beacons much so I often save my Patrols for later in the game.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nothing in SL is bad in the late game if you're running DB and Quickening!

9. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Agreed xD