SL dragons bg

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Smough, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Smough

Smough New Member

Hello guys i'm new in this game and i'm trying to create my first decks. now i want to do a SL dragons/draksar battlegroup because it attracts me and i already have vindrax, draksar consulate, draksar ravenspeaker (i don't know if they are good together yet xD) and other dragon/draksar.
    do you have any suggestions or maybe decks already made which could inspire me? the budget is low currently..

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

It is generally recommended to go full theme (either full draksar or full dragon) if you want your deck to be as powerful as possible. There is not that much synergy between the 2, unfortunately. That being said, let's see if we can't pull something off.

First of all, Vindrax is pretty good (though it did get a cost bump in latest patch) and Ravenspeaker is a must have in any SL deck atm. Draksar Consulate is not good, so I'll be leaving her out, sorry. Since your title says "dragon bg", I'll be assuming you care a bit more about dragons than draksar and the deck will reflect that somewhat.

This is what I would try as a first step:

http://poxbase.com/deck/C3=ctQcquc2acwxcj4c66C63c5iCtnc4 Cdmc3-s6LS8osas7is84s73S7us5jrPr2jr3Q

I basically took the really good lower rarity runes of both races and put them together. I know you said you're on a budget and Draksar Shifter IS an exotic (though a low value one), but he's really good and he's a draksar that turns into a dragon. Flame Dragoleech is worth having in pretty much any deck. Dragon Handler is a Draksar that benefits from you having Dragons. With these and Skywing Rumbler having Surge: Dragon 2, it is in your interest to have as many Dragons out as possible, which is why I added Drakewing Swarm (which counts for 3 and is almost immune to range). I know Skywing Beacon is not as popular as it could be, but it's quite good, esp with the Rumblers.
    I added a bunch of cheap Magic damage Draksar and you're gonna need them. Just make sure that when you're up against FW, you avoid deploying the Maulers (which are REALLY powerful and should be deployed on sight usually, but they reduce magic damage globally) and instead bring out all the magic damage you got to counter them incorporeals.

Possible changes include removing Dragonfear and Skywing Beacon while adding Horrific Mutation and Rage Band, if you're still insisting on playing a Draksar/Dragon Hybrid. Otherwise, you can play like this a bit and choose to focus on one theme depending on which side you like. Draksar are more the phalanx formation army type of theme, while Dragons are pretty agressive and rushy.

Also, I'm not actually sure about the Doomsayer, he could perhaps be changed with a second Draksar Psion.

EDIT: If you don't specifically want Draksar/Dragon but instead would like examples of how both decks look like, say so. I can give some tips on a Dragon deck and others can provide suggestions for Draksar.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  3. Smough

Smough New Member

Thank you very much Sirius, you gave me some useful suggestions. So if I start with a draksar and dragon mix (like the one you suggested, which is accessible-budget for me) and then, winning cards and with trades, I'll insert in the deck more valuable dragons it could be a good move?

Because, from what I understood, a FF dragon or draksar could be more powerful and in the long run I prefer to throw myself on dragons. For example Draksar Psion is a long range very useful that at first is perfect in this deck but further I'll change it with something else because it's only a draksar. Does it makes sense?

I saw dragons are mostly rare or more but I already have a simple spiders BG (very effective and low budget but really simple) and I want to try something different.

4. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

The draksar consulate IS a great champ for the skill Grant Draconicforce in decks that mix draksar and dragons. It is true that her range for attack is not great, but her skill is one of the best of the "diplomatics" legends of each faction.

I use her in my deck and she is very useful (but nora expensive). Taint spell is very usefull too if u mix draksar and dragons.

My deck is not finished yet but may help u: http://www.poxbase.com/deck/c5ocjDCtQc5gCpXcUCwxcqac66C63c5ichHctbcgBc3-s6Lsas84sYs1HsHrXr2Or3rPe4

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  5. Sirius

Actually, aside from what you currently have or can get, a Dragon bg only requires 3 more high rarity runes to be at "max power": 2x Krikkinwing Alpha and maybe 1 Sundered Hellion (I admit I have no clue whether Prismatic Skywing is good or not). Also, if you're planning to dive into ranked, I would recommend not going quite full dragon, but instead make a few meta oriented inclusions, such as magic damage sources (which Dragons kind of lack - as good runes I mean), Ravenspeaker and Draksar Shifter.

So, a more budget Dragon bg (with meta inclusions) could look kind of like this:
    http://www.poxbase.com/deck/ctQcj4c66c63c5iCtnCi1c4 cdbCdmc3-s6LS8osas7is84s73S7us5jrPr3Q

You will notice that I left 4 slots free. Those are for you to fill however you feel like, according to preference and experience, but 2 or 3 of those must be champions (for a total of 16-17 champions). You can add or switch out magic damage sources as you see fit: Spellswords, Negation Mages, Draksar Psions (with the 69 nora upgrade setup), Dragon Handlers.
    Other possible suggestions for inclusion are: an extra Drakewing Swarm, Cancel Magic, an extra Dragonfear, Skywing Beacon, Ravager, Rage Band, Hive, Quickening. Up to you.

Also, again, if you wanna "upgrade" the deck, the only runes you definitely have to aim for (unless they're changed in a future patch) are 2x Krikkinwing Alpha.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  6. Sirius

That ability alone might be good, but the overall champion isn't worth it. If you don't believe me, ask any experienced SL player.
    She costs a lot for not that great stats and she can't do a whole lot. If the extra damage is that attractive/needed, better inclusions are Rage Band, extra AP/multi-attack sources or simply 1 more beater in the deck. Especially since Draconic Force requires you to clump up your units. It is very limited as far as benefit vs requirements go.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  7. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

yep, but for new players as me she is not SO bad. It is true that she is Nora expensive only for the small boost, but she is easy to get from the skirmish and help the violence theme in draksars.