SL/FW extreme death benefit

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by darklord48, Jul 30, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

SL side of death benefit needs a little of polishing, wyrmpriest got sandbagged with immunity magical pushing him out of cost and the path of rites isn't the best, as by far the best ones are of destruction, sharing cds doesnt help either. I would love if he had rite of destruction on the first path (and the other rites and ritualsbeing brought to par would be nice also, no reason not to have 3 rites and 3 rituals as paths) and death charged 1 and recharge base.
    Negation mage is nice, eradicate can be powerful as a single target nuke.
    The doctor looks like autoinclude but he doesn't do much in a split with fw, or at least, it doesn't do any better than in his normal decks.
    Netmaster is fine, he receives charged attack soon enough.
    Kanen scavenger is the best soul collector/ dead eater unit atm.
    Kanen cultist attack is too low, that makes his bombs to look meh, and he's paying premiun for alternate charged abilities that you won't need.
    Kanen crone looks too costly and doesn't has a out of theme build.

About non-direct DB support, we have:

Broodguardians: kind of solid unit, broodcaller seems to be fairly costed (maybe it should include shrine deployment zone too), it has deployment issues obviously.
    Skywing rumbler: not the best option, as it requires relay to recycle, but short lived is something at least, easy to support it with a few meta additions like drakewing swarm and has minor synergy with polluted martyr (dragonflight and sharing relay to recycle)
    Sunderpede: if split works like I think it does, this thing can be amazing with death benefit, and you have always the possibility of timing a cancel magic to counter that AoE yor enemy was relying into to kill them.
    Mounted sauropod: riders are riders, but this one looks overcosted.

For FW side, I like to include 2 tyrants and 2 seamstresses, but there are other interesting variations, like including boneshredders or bone elementals for bone fracture, skeletals raiders for rider, and adding to that sac altar and dark rising. I'm playing with stitcheds in my FS/FW, but I may switch over to skeletons if tyrant gets too nerfed.
    I wouldn't leave death harvester out either, death harvest is a really important source of nora.

For split hero, you want timmy, no questions asked.

3. GabrielQ

@Dagda I totally told a guy to run sunderpedes.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

YEAH you did

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I was surprised to see a SL/FW death bene split with no Martyr.

6. GabrielQ

So, split products are clones, they say that his nora cost is 0 but in fact they have the same nora cost of the original unit so that means death harvest affects them, what they don't do is dropping globes.
    That means sunderpedes and death harvesters in. I think that the 54 nora build with skirmisher and detection 1 is the way to go.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't have a Martyr.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I made a few updates, to include sunderpede and harvester. I don't have any of the exotics that have been mentioned, except for Bone Elemental. I decided to go with Boneshredder over the elemental since the spawns from Bone Trap are spawned, not summoned.

I didn't go the stitched route since I didn't think seamstress would be worth it without tyrant.

I looked at Ritual Cultist and Ritual Crone, and neither looked like a good fit.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I didn't realize it, but Skeezick Revolt is real champs. That may be worth a look.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@GabrielQ Now that Tyrant has summons, do you think it is as good?

11. GabrielQ

Yes of course! remains still are remains and they can be reconstructed into real champions, and the tyrant was in need of a nerf, so, for now it's good.

Edit: However, I'm not sure it will be able stand further nerfing (as in the general change to fatties) so careful.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  12. GabrielQ

just tested revolt and everything is summoned

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Ninja change from today.

14. GabrielQ

also, skeezick alliance now has DB synergy.

15. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Old Negation Mage had soul collection, woulda been nice in this context.

16. GabrielQ

Well, I thought about this split alot and the gameplay is basically choke your opponent on efficient tanks and then gib whatever is problematic, the core of the bg looks like:

1x Timothy the vile

-Nora harvesters:
    1x Death harvester
    1-2x Kanen scavenger

-Death charged skeezicks:
    2x Negation mage
    2x Ruthless netmaster

-Meat generators
    2x Sunderpede
    1-2x Skeletal raider
    --Skeleton module 1
    2x Boneshredder
    1x Tomb lord
    1-2x Cloak of skulls
    -- Skeleton module 2
    2x Bone elemental
    1-2x Tomb lord / Tormented priest
    -- Stitched Module
    2x Stitched tyrant
    2x Stitched seamstress
    1x disintigrate

- Recycling dragons
    1x Transmission relay
    1x Polluted martyr
    0-1x Skywing rumbler

- Optional champions
    Fleshweaver witch (healer/summoner/zombie mobilizer)
    Anthromancer (global heal)
    Meta/combo fillers

- Gibs
    0-2x Essence drain
    1-2x Sacrificial altar + 0-2x Dark rising + 0-2x Wake the dead + 0-2x haunt
    0-1x forbidden fruit + 0-1x transfusion

- Meta/combo filler spells/relics/equip

Some combos:
    Repurpose isn't a sacrifice spell, so repurposing polluted martyr is viable, good targets are bone elementals/ boneshredders and sunderpedes, that can cause an enemy severe problems with high amounts of HP

People will rely sometimes on AoE to finish massed skeletons or sunderpede splits, so cancel magic/ancient's protection are good on those cases.

Grant: action potion from skeezick alchemist works to make fruit instakills with cheap real champions.