SL/ST BG

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Daerthalus, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hello I've recently returned to Pox, to find many thing have changed. Good runes are bad, bad runes better or even meta.

I've long been a fan of dragons and am looking for some help with a Dragon Split BG.

Does anyone have a good list for SL/ST Dragons?

So far I've gotten this far: http://www.poxbase.com/deck/Cjvc5iCtnChLCi4CdmS2Ls84s73r1_r1yr3QE1O

ST
    2x Crystal Dragon
    2x Skybreak Dragon

2x Gale Force
    1x Coordination Tower

SL
    2x Mauler (apparently good now?)
    1x Flame Dracoleech
    2x Skywing Rumbler
    2x Skywing Patrol

1x Magnetize
    1x Purge
    2x Rage Band
    1x Transmission Relay

Any Advice? Lists? or Help finishing/changing this list would be appriciated.

Thanks

2. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

3. Daerthalus

Thank you. That is an interesting take on the build. I didn't think to use Luminesence like that. Is this as "good as it gets"? Ie the optimal or most competitive way to go?

I'm wondering where some of the standard runes that I was sure were auto includes went. [Magnetize vs Equipement, Purge vs Buffs]

Also were the rage bands not good to combine with the Skybreak Dragons? Did they change Violent from triggering on auras?

Lastly, does your link include the ability choices for the units? I am most confused by this change in the revamp, since now you can play with unit cost and it may be worth weakening a rune to make it cheaper.

Thanks again.

4. KPIC

I do not play standard. I play strategy. The build I offered has a workable strat but may not contend at high levels. Rage Bands are good includes but only if they help the build. There are better dragon builds. Going FF SL is better for dragons so that you can include SL's dragon heroes. Violent does not trigger on aura I believe. I did not include the ability choices. I thought these might be obvious. The problem with my build is that you lack good range, so you need to draw them in with something. There are better builds out there. If you want, include a Rage Band and two Taints for upward stat mobility. You could also include a Keeneye for better range. If Skybreaks are your champ of choice, splitting these with SP for Electric Overload is a great strat to build around.

5. Daerthalus

I've been testing some of the ideas out and have decided that Dragons are not what they used to be. :(

That being said, I've decided to focus on Skybreak Dragon and Crystal Dragon + Support runes and discard Dragons overall as a theme.

I've tested Rage Band and yep...violent (fury) is triggered on auras. I've had my Skybreak get +12 Damage from triple Aura and 4 Champs nearby. That being said I need Elementals or Dragons near by to trigger violent so some dragons/elemental are worth using.

Here is what I've come up with now. http://www.poxbase.com/deck/CjvCfkc24c5icwfCtnChLCdbC3_cg7saS2Ls84s73r30E1O

I got a few synergies: Rageband + Skybreak, Crystal Dragon + Skybreak Auras, Crystal Dragon + Bearcat.
    Going to Test if Rageband + Bearcat + Crystal Dragon works to trigger fury also.

Still not sure what to run in the remaining Slots.
    I like the Nora Gem idea, might work with the Champs I'm running, but I can't seem to find any Jakei/Elementals or Jakei/Dragons (I know there are zero) to trigger both Violent and the Endless Devotion. So i'm not sure if I should add some Jakei, ignore it and take the nora reduction anyways.
    Options:
    -- Nora Gem package [1 jasper, 1 tiger eye, 2 imbue luminessence]
    -- Other spells to help support/protect my two flagship dragons.
    -- 1 Obelisk [currently I have zero and pb has none either. :(]

PS: KPIC thanks again for the help

6. KPIC

I did not know those activated. That is pretty cool. Make sure not to use Tiger's Eye on ground units because it will eat up your HP.

Here is another idea. Get a Kanen Cultist and give her HC 3 and Grant Aura. She will heal in three different ways. This first is with HC 3. The second is the combo of Right of Creation on the Phoenix. The third is not her directly but redeploying the Phoenix for another 12 HP. If you do this though, run a Jangar Archtiect to rebuild our shrine with Mason. Also, make sure to get an Obelisk or Foresight. Kanen Cultist will also help with your auras and Rage Bands with Grant Sonic Aura.

Also, include 1 Taint spell in your build because it grants Violent to the champ along with Regen 3 for more healing. Great Rune!

Another champ you may want is Frostfall IceWisp for Grant Frost Aura, Shatter, and Bolt; and it is also an elemental. Look it up.

Lastly, include one Imbue Luminescence and drop one Howler in favor of Crystal Crawler. It has a Luminescence ability and will generate nora with it.

7. Daerthalus

Thanks again.
    Been testing and yep Catalyst trigger Violent (fury) also, I had a Crystal Dragon run around in circle (after being bearcatted) and I was getting the +1 Damage per target hit. :)
    I've noticed I srsly need some more healing, so I will definately try out your suggestions.

100% on board with Taint, I didn't know it gave Violent.
    As it stands I'm Tainting my Crystal Dragons and giving Rageband to the Skybreak.

The Frostfall Icewisp is kinda nice, but Aura Frost is a bit redundant since Skyfall can get one from deploys, it works on the crystal dragon though. I kinda wish he was cheaper like before...as it stands I feel he costs too much for what he does.

What do you think about:
    -- SL Doctor (has Charged Heal, low cost, mutate to boost my dragon stats)
    -- Arctic Delegate (has Heal, Divert and is a Jakei)
    -- Arctic Gift (Mobility is nice on the Crystal Dragon so he move around catalysting (after being bearcatted) easier and SL units getting rdy and some bonus stats on Ice is nice for only 20 nora.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014