Slag Slop and Random Slag Engagements

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Atherhog, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

1. When you put lots of "SLOP" on the map, the game lags like you wouldn't believe... to the point where it is nearly unplayable - can we have a look at why it does this?

2. Slags are still randomly engaging their own champs and refusing to disengage... also, the offending slag will not attack the opposition, instead it's an 'invalid target'. This only seems to occur when occupying slop.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

First, I need some more info about your experience with this lag from SLOP. Do you experience this when you first launch the game client and play a match or does it happen after you have had the client open for a while and have played a few games? I ask because I did not experience any noticeable slowdown due to the whole map being covered in SLOP.

Second, Could you give me an example, with their actual names, of the slags who are engaging friendly champions and aren't disengaging? Is this all Slags or just specific ones?

3. Atherhog

1 - It happens on the first game that the slop fills the map... not just to me, but to my opponents as well. Everytime, without fail. Without the slop, no slowdown. How long I've been playing makes no difference, only the amount of slop... more slop = more lag. IMPORTANT - My opposition also report this.

2 - The main culprit seems to be Metalic Slag - he's the one I can pinpoint on a couple of occasions. Thinking about it, the other slags I have in mind, may have been engaged to him.

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The first question from Senshu is extra relevant in the sense that after some time playing, the client lags big time and needs to be restarted to go back to normal. This caused me to think Amplify BGs made the game lag somehow <.< .

5. Senshu

#1: I did everything from using the Spell Slag Slop to having 9 different slags running around the map with slime trail and there was no performance issues. Can you think of any other factors that were in play and is anyone else experiencing this problem with Slop besides your opponents?

#2: I used several different Slags around the Metallic Slag and neither would become engaged when they placed next to each other. Can you give me a specific situation where this happened with the specific Slags involved?

6. Atherhog

#1 did you use the sludge pool? I think its linked to this.

#2 the las time this happened, there was some fascinate action going on with my Ancient Slag, my Mettalic Slag (both with fascinate) and my opponents Salaman Hunter. After the fascinate movement, my ancient slag was engaged to the Salaman, and to my Metalic slag. The Metalic slag was not engaged to the hunter. Result - Ancient Slag would not attack hunter and Metalic Slag could not break free from the Ancient Slag. Even when I killed the Salaman that turn, they still wouldn't disengage... during all of this, they were in sludge pool generated ooze

7. Senshu

Okay, Sludge Pool did it. I will need to look deeper into the into the Metallic Slag. Be sure to post when you have a more definitive reproduction too because that would be incredibly helpful.