slowest faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, it is just one of those things. KF is the fastest in FF and the slowest in split decks (based solely on base SPD). As pointed out, KF has a number of speedy support runes that can help. To be fair, when I did play split decks back in the day (which was rare), I usually played Non-KF champs backed up by a lot of KF Non-Champ support runes.

2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

And as you all can see, my conclusion on KF being the "slowest" faction still holds, meaning Devs intentionally minimized the usefulness of the KF faction bonus when they developed the KF champs. Question now is WHY? Please explain SOK.

3. polltroy

No, even in FF, KF has not even one 9-mover. Most other factions have.

And KF has less AP/move support than may other factions. Just from head I can think of 3 spells in other factions that give +4 AP. KF has +1 ap stuff...

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It has the potential to generate the most value per deploy of all Faction bonuses.

Ballballer, Etherielin and Xirone like this.
  5. polltroy

So KF faction bonus is too strong and there is no other way to balance it? That's what you mean? So instead the faction bonus must be used to give KF more HP, to even out?

6. polltroy

... and even if this was true, that KF FF faction bonus is too powerfull and must be nerfed the back way, it would not explain why the "speed" faction has not even in FF access to any 9-mover.

7. polltroy

Maybe a better approach to balance KFs strong faction bonus would be to give KF champs less HP. In contrast to make KF slow and bulky, they could be made quick but fragile.

8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Maybe cause it tends to be broken? Just remember what Dwarven Excavator was like for example.

9. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

HOw many of those champs from other factions are playable? In ST i hardly use 7 spd champs in my many ST Bgs, this prolly goes the same for other factions as well...Also you are forgetting about the KF AP caps.

10. polltroy

Irrelevant, we don't talk about what faction has most playable champs or what faction is best or something similar. We talk about what faction is most slow and what faction bonus is minimized vs maximised in usability by devs.

11. polltroy

So a broken IS rune that was nerfed is an argument why KF should not have high movability champs while almost all other factions have?

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

As a note: KF also has access to a champion, who grants your next deploy +1 SPD, meaning you can have 9 SPD champs running around in FF KF.

But we have them?

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

hawk into grimthir = spd 9 grimthir + decept for mov 10.
    hawk into ancestral avenger= 9spd flying 18dmg75hp unit

14. polltroy

KF HAS NO 9 tile movers. Almost all other factions have. It does not matter how much u want it not to be true, that's the state of the game.

15. polltroy

Read the definition of 9 tile movers in this thread before you post please.

9 tile mover = champ who can first (and every turn) move 9 tiles without any help or any condition except what is on the champ itself.

16. Etherielin

Grimlic of K'thir can. Also why would you even >need< to move 9 tiles >every< turn? It only matters early on.

17. polltroy

Im comparing "move" to actual speed. So all your ideas about help from other champs, random movements or just certain turns etc are irrelevant. We talk now about champs who can move 9 tiles, just like if they had 9 speed. 9 tile movers.

18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1step +doubletap? don't know, try know that you have one ;)

19. polltroy

if speed is not important... (LOL) then let KF have their high speed champs? give them all -1 ap first turn or something like that, tada, balance made and no need to "cheat" the KF players of their speed any longer.

20. Etherielin

Again, why would you need to move 9 tiles every turn? The 3 (Cortifices is a reskin of Firk Voidmage) champions you brought up have these abilities as safety mechanisms (Seventrux, Voidmage) or as means of synergising with their kits (Voidmage's slam and Blastmage's recoil/portal blast). They're not there "just because" and both champs (Seventrux is out of question even in a split) cost a lot of nora to deploy.