slowest faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 24, 2017.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I was playing around with poxlist... guess what is the slowest faction, the faction with least 7+ speed champs and no 8 speed champs?

Its KF. Its how they changed the game.

Also KF is one of the few factions who don't have any 9 or 10 space movers. At least I could not find any.

I know it will not change. Its just sad observation from someone who don't want to change favourite faction or runes...

... why is this important to consider? Because I think most of the player base are not those who play and read runes 8h per day...

And by turning the game upside down, you guys have scared away those who were experts on one or two factions and who had studied maybe 200-400 runes of the games and used those as base for building decks. And who don't have the time or want to restudy all the 2000+ (?) to relear the game every few months. When they (like me) come back and see the game is totally different, maybe they (me?) just give up instead of spending a few weeks full time just to relearn everything.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It also means that some of their runes are significantly cheaper because they have 1 less speed that they pay for.

Tweek516 and SireofSuns like this.
  3. polltroy

So KF is the new Moga? or whats your point? or check ST thread: ST runes are more cheap because they have less HP, etc?

Point is game is confusing for the new players or for the returning player. And Im quite sure a lot of players gave up this game just because of that! Came back tried a few game and then just "Nah, its not the same game, don't want to spend few weeks to get into this again..."

I think the problem is devs and the main posters forget simply that they don't represent the majority of players. And just because they have access to almost all runes (like me) or just because they have time to study every rune (unlike me), they are just a few people and this game never gonna be great again without returning players.

4. polltroy

... and it does not get easier by the flaws of most descriptions. Some stuff you can understand if you use Poxlist or similar databases, others totally impossible: Skeezick blade: "equipped champion gains skeezick blade" YEA now I know exactly what this does.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If you are using the in game rune manager it has a description.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This isn't a new thing.

7. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

as the nerf of wizard of the ways ( main complain from the OT in the last 3 years I guess)

8. polltroy

Wizard of the ways was so cool but well balanced as he had very little use except popping around, plus he was super expensive.

Now we have other champs who are 9-10 movers in for instance FW who also are super offensive. Or champs who can take back fonts, but without high nora cost or with some offensive abilities...

I think its the KF effect. Too many good players choose KF and hence KF must have handicap.

In regards of the KF = slowest faction, but its ok because you save on nora cost - argument:

So to me it seems most abilities are more expensive the higher u have. Like to go from speed 7 to 8 cost more than to go from speed 6 to 7. Or to go from HP 55 to 65 cost more than to go from 45 to 55. Or to Go from Damage 12 to dagage 16 cost more than to go from damage 8 to damage 12. Correct? Hence the main idea with faction bonus is to get one ability "high" without paying the extra high cost for it. So KF should have higher speed with the bonus, UD should have higher Damage with the bonus and ST should have higher HP with the bonus. NOT KF should have cheaper champs with normal speed. UD should have cheaper champs with normal damage and ST should have cheaper champs with normal HP. Correct. Now I should check if its in fact same in UD and ST that the high base damage and high base HP champs are less in these factions compared to all other factions (like with KF, where the bonus is used to reduce cost of champs). If this is , I will still stop complaining about the KF= Moga fac-ism. If not, I demand an explanation from devs why KF has no "real" faction bonus.

... to be continued after I check poxlist a bit later today.

9. polltroy

Faction with fewest 7+ speeders: KF (= minimize use of faction bonus)
    Faction with most 14+ damagers: UD (= maximize use of faction bonus)

How come it is like this? Please explain SOK.

10. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I think there's no point in explaining anything when a guy thinks that KF is slow and UD has the strongest dmg.

11. polltroy

KF has least 7+ speed champs in split faction. KF has least 7+ base speed champs to get max use of faction bonus. KF has no 8+ movers in split faction. KF has no 9+ movers in split faction or full faction. So yea for sure KF is not the quickest faction. On top KF does not have access to any +ap spells and most KF champs don't have accesss to any teleport relics or spells...

So yea for sure KF is not the quickest faction...

And UD for sure has highest pure damage stats and on top has access to some of the top +damage equipment and has access to champs and spells that can double or even triple damage.

So in conclusion, yea for UD, there is no obvious "counter" from devs against their high damage, but for KF on the speed, its openly said devs try to counter their bonus.

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I can actually see where he's coming from a little bit here. If were going by stats with the bonuses, obviously ud is the hardest hitting and k'thir is the fastest. However, though k'thir has the most 7 speeders, it actually has very few champs that can move 9 spaces or 10 in one move with a champ.

Spectral emissary
    Utterdark planeshift

Are some examples, maybe I missed the ones in k'thir that could do that ? It does seem odd that certain factions are better at certain things when it's not supposed to be their strength.

13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'm sorry, but what?

KF has 23 champions with a base speed of 7. Out of those 23 three are FF heroes, leaving them at 20 7-SPDers for split faction and 22 for FF (Jek is a split hero). This is after detracting the 6 reskins of champions available from the list.
    KF also does have +AP spells:
    Fire for Effect: +1 AP to all Archers.
    Lash Down: +2 AP to all Treefolk.
    Light as a Feather: +1 AP to all within AoE 1 and mobility, champs with lethargic, weighty and lumbering lose these abilities for 6 turns.
    Strategic Retreat: acts as essentially Retreat Rank 4 (moves you 4 spaces away from the closest enemy) and heals for 15 HP.
    Swiftwind: +1 AP and Unstoppable within AoE 2.

All of the aforementioned spells are available in ranked.

Now to go through all champs:
    FF 8-tilers:
    [​IMG]
    Teleport Rank 1.
    [​IMG]
    Leap rank 3.
    [​IMG]
    Ready rank 2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    8-SPDers.

FF 9+ tilers:
    [​IMG]
    Reckless Teleport rank 2 and 3.
    [​IMG]
    Reckless Teleport rank 1.
    [​IMG]
    Exertion rank 3.

One-time 7 to 12 tilers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Reinforcement rank 1 and 2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Initiative rank 1 and 2.

ALL of the champions, who can traverse 9 tiles in FF, act as 8-tilers in split. All one-time tilers traverse the same amount of tiles in split as in FF. To say that KF is the slowest faction is nothing short of heresy and inexperience.

Xiven, Tweek516, SireofSuns and 4 others like this.
  14. polltroy

When I say 9 or 10 tile movers, I mean champs who can, in first turn, move 9 or 10 tiles without any other conditions need to fullfill like cooldown, second turn if no activation, random movement, need champ to attack etc. As far as I know (I will check above list), KF has no 9 or 10 tile movers, even with the +1 speed bonus in FF. If true, also KF has no 8 tile mover in split faction (!). Other factions have access to at least several 9 tile movers, possibly more, in past there were also 10 tile movers in other factions (I did not make full research, I just found several 9 tile movers.)

And as for the base speed, a quick poxlist search gives (not 100% accurate due to some reskins etc, but everyone should get the gemeral point, if devs threated KF normal, KF should be on top in this list to maximize use of faction bonus, not on very bottom not to minimize it):
    Speed 7+:

SL: 44
    ST: 41
    IS: 38
    FS: 38
    SP: 37
    FW: 35
    UD: 35
    KF: 29

and yea I have personal experience on this with my splits, usually my KF champs are the slow ones and the other split faction are quicker....

Its really XXX if u need to spilt KF, the speed faction, with other factions to get the movability you want.... but that's how they made this game! KF = high HP mainly. When you could choose how to spend the nora yourself on champs, I remember HP upgrades was the one that no one took...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  15. Etherielin

Garu Diplomat and Tortun Captain can move 9 tiles during their first turn (Exertion Rank 3). Apprentice Mage, Twisted Fireoak, Rage of the Circle and Tortun Captain can move 8 tiles during their first turn (Reckless Teleport rank 1/2/3 and Ready rank 2). That's in splits.

There are no champs left in the game that can move 9 or 10 tiles by themselves without any ability to support it or a buff from another champion.

16. polltroy

Exertion starts on cooldown, so wrong, cant use first turn. Reckless teleport is random, cant count this one, u don't know where you end up. Yes, with ready 2 I guess Tortun captain is the only true 8 mover. Guess devs forgot he is Split with KF :):) Still no 9 or 10 mover.

To give some examples of 9 movers in other factions:
    Cortices the Infinite
    Cyclops Blastmage
    Firk Voidmage
    Zeventrech the Last
    Lich King
    Slipworm
    Spectral Emissary
    Utterdark Planeshift

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS has one :p

18. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

kf has grimthir, spd8 + decept

19. Etherielin

? :p
    Reckless Teleport Rank 3 is 8 spaces base and can add 2 more.

20. polltroy

The champs I listed as 9-movers can move every turn 9 tiles and end up exactly where they want. Without any other conditions needed to be fulfilled. Only with whatever abilities they have themselves and no help. Just like they had 9 speed. So forget random Reckless teleport or deception. These are more like Portal Nexus random stuff.