slowest faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Nov 24, 2017.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I repeat myself again, maybe you understand better this time. This is what this thread is about and nothing else:

logical assumptions:
    1. faction bonus should be thematic, ie if you have speed bonus you should be quick, have access to many quick champs
    2. stat increase on champs are worth more nora cost the higher the stat is, ie to go from speed 7 to 8 is worth more nora than to go fro 4 to 5. Same about damage, to go from damage 12 to 14 is worth more than to go from damage 6 to 8.
    3. devs should not discriminate some factions over others during champ development

observations in poxlist:
    KF has lowest BASE speed stats (for the high end)
    UD has Highest damage (on the high end)

deduction from observations based on 2 and 3: devs have tried to minimize usability of KF faction bonus while they have maximized UD one. Devs have broken against 3, discriminating some faction during champ development. maybe intentional, maybe by accident.

observations in poxlist: KF have no 9 movers, other factions have. In split, KF have less 7+ movers than any other factions

deduction from observation and based on 1: faction bonus is not thematic for KF, KF are not quick movers. Not in FF, especially not in split.

Reason for this thread is to ask devs (SOK):
    a) why do you discriminate in champ development, why not balance faction bonuses instead
    b) why faction bonuses are not allowed to be thematic, why KF cant be quick and fragile like in the first years of the game? is this intentional mistake or not?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It does not mean that the unit should be fast (7-8 speed) and then get the faction bonus on top of that.

The unit is fast BECAUSE it is from K'thir. It does not mean that a unit should be in K'thir because it is fast.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Polly, Etherielin is correct and the quote above is the most important part you need to understand.
    Champs with 9spd(or 9+ap gain) thanks to their theme and FFtools are faction flavour. Thats why your points are invalid.. you keep comparing individual champs and ignoring their context.

4. polltroy

But fact is there are no fast KF champs. That is the main problem. No 9 movers in FF. No 8 movers in Split. Least 7+ speed champs of all factions in split. Prob least 8 movers in FF.

5. polltroy

Id love to have some 9 movers in my BG. I don't have access to this. I play KF split with SL. My quick guys 7 and 8 movers are all SL. Just one champ I use is 7 speed and KF. Its just a practical example and not really relevant, but anyway...

All the 9 movers I listed are non-KF and they get their movability not from their theme or faction bonus but simply from the dev design of those champs. Also for split KF has no 8 movers. And I bet (I did not check) that KF has less 8-movers in FF than most other factions.

6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Splits are irrelevant.
    Do you even have any solid argument for your complaints or its all because your Split bg does not have a KF 9 mover without external interaction

7. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

he simply wants draw win based on maps, taking the mid font at first turn and rush the shrine...isn't that simple to understand?

mortal ix, Ballballer and Kampel like this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

There are only 8 champions in the entire game that have 8 base speed. 4 of them have Stasis. Of the remaining 4, 2 of them cost almost 90 nora and both are considered bad champions. The remaining 2 have less than 40 HP with 0 defense and no defensive abilities, both are considered relatively bad.

You are making it sound like high speed champions are all over the place but KF is deliberately left out when in reality they are very rare and the ones that have 8 speed are either terrible of have a drawback.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Kampel likes this.
  9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Why cant I rush like I used to? I loved rushing and killing the shrine! Now I have to get fonts and play a boring slow game.

Why can't KF have champs that can get mid font before the opponent has a chance? Other factions don't really have champs that can do that, so kf SHOULD have champs that can do that, because its the speed faction

I'm noticing a pattern here........

Tweek516, Kampel and Etherielin like this.
  10. polltroy

the trollind is back... AGAIN. kf has no 9 movers. most other factions have.

11. polltroy

I was checking facts... you can check poxliost yourself. Look at speed stats plus such things like leap 3 and teleport 1, 2, 3 who are basically like +speed

12. Ballballer

List all 9 speeders plz and what you think each one's favorite color might be and why.

Please be thorough in your analysis

Etherielin likes this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Fair enough. How then do you define a "9 speeder" if there are no champions with 8 Speed and either Leap 3 or Teleport?

14. polltroy

7 speeder with teleport 2 or 6 speeder with teleport 3

15. polltroy

i did make a list of some... check page 1

16. Ballballer

Yes you did "some" but not all of them. And nothing about colors. Really sub-par work honestly

17. polltroy

i made my point. there are none in kf. and there are some in other factipns. hemce kf is not thematically quick

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

There are none in some factions that are not KF.

19. polltroy

so what? so i showed kf is not the problem as of op font captures... also i showed kf is not quickest. and with other facts i also showed kf has the lowest top base speed champs and the least 7 and 8 movers in split. anyway main poimt was about how devs misuse the kf faction bonus

20. Ballballer

Some factions are not kf, of which there are none in

profhulk and Kampel like this.